Creative Bunker Help

Scrap Iron

On The Eh Team
Reaction score
Handicap
Hero Shots
Help I need some ideas. I'm an alright and confident bunker player but a little work is always a good thing especially from fairway bunkers. So does anyone have some ideas on how to simulate bunker play at the range when hitting off of a mat. No driving ranges up here have bunkers to practice out of greenside or fairway. Any ideas please send my way.

I was literally LOL at this. I love it.

Personally for fairway bunkers I try to focus on hitting the ball first and use the most club that allows me to exit the bunker and still advance. I play the ball a little back in my stance as well. Thus, on a mat I would put the ball back in my stance and focus on hitting the ball first. There are a lot of drills to help work on ball first contact. Personally I like to put a tee a couple/few inches behind the ball.

For Fairway bunkers I try and pick the balls clean to do this I move the ball forward and try to get it on the up swing and getting as little sand as possible. Just remember by doing this you will get no back spin and lots of roll out.

Back