ActionJackson8

KAHHHHHNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Handicap
Hello Andy,

Lately I have been having issues with trajectory on my flop shots. A friend has suggested that I do not cup my wrists enough at impact. I have read several articles that suggest the same thing but for the life of me I am having trouble picturing or executing it. Do you have any suggestions or drills for executing this?

Thanks in advance and if I am/was not detailed enough please let me know,

-Adam

AJ have never heard it put quite that way. For a basic/consistant flop shot I want you to try this. Open the club face and stance just like in the bunker shot video. From this position I want you to place the ball in the front third of your stance. Next I want the majority of your weight on your front foot. The feel I want you to have with the arms and hands is that you are sliding the leading edge of your wedge under the ball. Never try to help the ball up in the air. Setting the club face open will take care of that for you. I want firm wrists at impact DON'T let them flip at the ball. I hope this makes sense. Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks Andy that terminology is much easier to understand.

Thanks for that advice. I'll have to try to let the club do the work more, I've been scooping under the ball to try and get it up way too much.

Thanks for that advice. I'll have to try to let the club do the work more, I've been scooping under the ball to try and get it up way too much.

I think that's a natural habit a lot of us amateurs have JL, we think we have to help the ball in the air.

I too have found that not scooping/flipping the club makes my flop shots more consistent.
When I used to flip the club, I found that I skulled the ball a lot more often.

Back