Current fairway wood setup: What's in your bag?

Right now there is NO fairway wood in my bag - Cobra King F9 driver, Titleist TS3 hybrid, Cleveland HB3 3-iron for use as a shorter hybrid, and JPX 919 irons (G-wedge through 5-iron), along with 50 and 56 degree Vokey wedges and an ancient Nickent Pipe putter. Eliminating the fairway woods may just be my accommodation to getting older. I do have a bit of a large gap between the driver and the TS3 hybrid, and would love to have one of the woods work again.

My wife and I are going to the range today and I'm thinking of taking my Rocketbalz 3-wood and TaylorMade Supersteel 5-wood out of storage to see if I can hit them. If it looks like I can hit either of those fairway woods, I'll pull the Hot Metal gap wedge out of the bag for a few days. It pretty much overlaps the 50 degree Vokey anyway, maybe 4 yards longer and not as consistent in my hands. The gap wedge's swing weight just seems off for some reason. It is a set wedge with the same shaft as the other Hot Metal irons, but just feels different.

Titleist 917 F2 16.5 4 wood with Aldia RIP stiff shaft.

Now that I finally mastered it, it is not going ANYWHERE! i can be deadly accurate off the tee and fairway with it.

I will play it until it breaks

Ping G25 15º with Aldila Tour Blue 75 stiff. Matches (kinda?) the i25 19º and 22º hybrids with the Tour Blue 85s.
Put a TM Rescue Mid 19º in the bag when those were new and have had a hybrid ever since in some fashion.

Cobra F8+ 3 wood turned down to 12 degree and a Cobra F6 turned down to 16 degree.
Love my Cobra fairway Woods, they're so easy to hit and control.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Ben Hogan GS53 4 wood with the Tensei blue shaft

They don’t necessarily have to be the same model line but I do prefer the same brand.

That said, yes these definitely match.

A00854D2-0ACF-4A8A-B1C9-92E0002E26BA.jpeg

Just recently picked up a sim max 3 with a Lin-q purple and so far it has been excellent. First fairway in a few years that will keep the Callaway alpha 816 in the closet. Had my first eagle of the year on a long dog leg par 5, went 3 wood tee, 3 wood fairway (271yards) to tap in eagle. I haven’t played a 5 wood in years as I play a 19* hybrid in that spot and it does not match my 3 wood. I did order a sim max driver so maybe I will pick up the hybrid at some point this year as well

Ben Hogan GS53 14* 3 wood with Project x smoke black shaft

I still game a 7 year old 13* Callaway X2 Hot 2Deep(bent a degree flat and little weaker than the 12.5* stock loft) and a fairly old XR16 Pro 4 wood. I have about 10 newer strong 3 woods from Callaway, Tour Exotics, Titleist, Taylor Made, and Ping but none offer me the combination of length, accuracy and confidence off the tee of that old 2Deep. The 4 wood is super straight and easy to hit high or low and I love the shape of the head so I don’t foresee than one getting replaced anytime soon. I have a backup of the 2Deep and two backups for the XR16 Pro, lol.

No fairway woods in my bag. They are not missed although they missed quite often.

Cobra F8 3w. Beat 3w i have ever owned.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Currently no FW in the bag as I rarely have a need to hit one into par 5's, especially at my home course. Started playing an old steel shafted driver as a 3W replacement off the tee. More accurate than any FW I've ever hit and just as long as a modern FW.

I've just got one so I guess it always matches! It's a 5-wood.

I would carry two fairway woods if I could find a 7-wood that a) I really like, b) has plenty of loft like 21 or 22 degrees, c) doesn't cost $200+ and d) is available in lefty. In other words, it's going to be just the 5-wood for quite a while.

Had a — ahem — minor incident with my ST180 5 wood on Saturday on the course. Won’t get into the details but the head is no longer connected to the shaft.

Replaced it with a ST190 TS and am excited to try the Atmos Black shaft this weekend.

I was finally able to get a matching EFSZ 5wd and put the HZRDUS Black 85g, 6.5 in it. So, I'm a matching fairway woods guy again. Maybe one day, I'll get the matching HZRDUS shaft for the 3wd. Probably should have bought two when I found this one.

Picked up the matching shaft for my 3wd so they match completely now... head, shaft, and grip. Love this setup. It's gonna take a bit of doing to get it changed.

pondering a gbb epic 13.5* 3W....

ST190 3w getting call up to the big leagues after passing the team physical and having a strong range session.

I only play one fairway wood these days but it does match my driver now, both are Mavrik.

For about 7 or 8 months now I've played with driver, 16*, 19* and 22* Srixon H65 hybrids, so no fairway metal woods.

Simple, Epic Flash 3 and 5 wood.

TaylorMade Sim 9 Driver
TaylorMade M5 3W
Nike Covert 2.0 5W

I play a GBB Epic driver that I love and an older Nike 3 wood. The 3 wood bombs when I hit it but I'm not comfortable hitting fairway woods yet so I barely use it. I like the club but looking for a new callaway to stay consistent with my driver before I really work on that shot.

I have a 913F that I haven't used much at all. I like the adjustable hosel. The stock shaft feels a little long for some reason, but its 43". Might take a little off the end and set it up a little more upright.

Anyone notice how very upright most of the pros' clubs appear at address? I've gone more upright with my clubs recently and it feels really good.
Also 1/4" shorter in the irons and wedges, so I imagine my FW wood (not metal, Sir Falso) should follow suit. :unsure:(y)

Back