Custom Stamping Ball Marker

Lost by on one side your initials on the other?

What do people use to make these? Coins? Or do you get/make metal blanks somewhere?
I cut mine from solid bar stock, but they can also be made with a hydraulic press and sheet materials. I think Liberty BM uses this method. There is a seller on etsy (Metal Remnants) that does this as well, and if you just need 5 to 10, they're pretty well priced. They don't sell anything thicker than 10g however, and I prefer thicker coins.

I tried to zoom in but I can’t tell... is this milled on both faces, or are the lines engraved before stamping?
Those lines are from me not changing the saw blade to a higher TPI when I cut that one. I liked the way it looked so I finished it with the effect in place.

Normally the blades leave much smaller striations that I buff out and polish.

I cut mine from solid bar stock, but they can also be made with a hydraulic press and sheet materials. I think Liberty BM uses this method. There is a seller on etsy (Metal Remnants) that does this as well, and if you just need 5 to 10, they're pretty well priced. They don't sell anything thicker than 10g however, and I prefer thicker coins.

Is it possible to make a metal ball marker so small and low profile that it would not disrupt the roll of a golf ball , similar to this traditional style plastic marker IMG_6727.JPG?

Those lines are from me not changing the saw blade to a higher TPI when I cut that one. I liked the way it looked so I finished it with the effect in place.

Normally the blades leave much smaller striations that I buff out and polish.
I like the look as well! Super straight lines - your saw must have a looonnngg stroke!

I have ordered 2 custom one from Liberty ball marker.

One order was for 2 markers, one for me and one for my kid. Mine says Old Gun, his says young gun. They both say Team Greenie on the back. It was a little gift to remember his first 2 person scramble we got to play together, he was 11 years old at the time. We took second, so not to shabby.

The other says Just Fu**ing Make It" with clovers instead of stars. One night right after I first got my Puttout trainer I was determined to make the 6 foot perfect putt. I tried for what seemed like for ever. The mat was at the foot of the bed and I was blocking my wife's view of the tv. She asked if I could move, I said not until I make one, she responded with just fu**cling make it then and the next one made it 🤣🤣

Thanks, I dug around last night and found a few different places that sell blanks. It's something I've always wanted to mess around with, it would be fun to have some really unique ball markers and maybe make a few for friends.

Back