Cut Matte Golf Balls

When I tested the orange Volvik Vivid, I took serious abuse from a few guys in my league. That never bothers me as all in good fun. After a while nobody cares.

Exactly. The general reaction has been liking the matte finish. Of course there was the one guy who hated it instantly and then further complained about “how they feel”. Can’t please them all

I've played their matte orange and really enjoyed it. I found it to be super durable, obnoxiously visible even in the rough from 100 yards away and performed just fine for what it is. It was just a fun ball to play.

I didn't know what to think of the matte ball trend at first. Then one day, I saw a lady hit one on an adjacent fairway ... and I couldn't take my eyes off of it from stroke until it stopped rolling. Not only could I see it better, I couldn't UNsee it. Wow, I was sold.

I still haven't tried any of the Cut balls. This may be my motivation to give them a try.

I’ve found that the neon green are the most visible for me. Haven’t tried the Cut matte yet, but have used Maxfli, Noodle, and other matte balls in various colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have extra sleeves of Cut Matte Orange and Yellow if someone is interested in doing a “Sleeve Swap”

I really like the matte finish (and I’d love to see a matte white in hand). I hope this continues to be a thing and it would be great if it spread to the “tour” balls.

I really like the matte finish (and I’d love to see a matte white in hand). I hope this continues to be a thing and it would be great if it spread to the “tour” balls.
I agree totally. I don't think I've seen matte white and would be interested for sure. Variety is never a bad thing.

For the price, the Cut Matte balls are pretty darn good for anyone who wants (1) more visibility or (2) to stand out on the course. The opinions From others who tested a ball or two along the way have been positive - particularly from the mid to high cappers who don’t use much spin around the greens.

Cut Matte Golf Balls

The Cut Matte balls have officially stumped the GCQuad. That means the review will have to be without launch monitor information and I’ll have to give you my best estimations. Boo

b40696cd7c7f5a9020aa362a3eb6d08f.jpg

Each of the above was a well struck ball with a short iron. One spin was in the 100s, one in the 1000s, and one in the 8000s. I don’t believe any of the numbers (I know they are wrong, top to bottom). I tried each color - no dice.

These look solid, question is do they perform!?

These look solid, question is do they perform!?

It depends what you mean by perform and what you want out of a golf ball.

Off the driver it was great feeling and produced more or less the same distance as my typical gamer. Into greens it had plenty of launch and spin to keep roll out to a minimum (except in some really dry conditions where roll went up slightly). Green side spin is on par with its competitors.

If you are looking to replace a ProV1 with the Cut Matte and see the same performance, you will be disappointed but if it’s an apples to apples swap you will be pleasantly surprised and probably save some coin too.

Some of you may have noticed I’ve been discussing matte golf balls recently and that’s because we got some Cut Matte golf balls in for review.

3c8001c1587a3e107c00aeaabab68809.jpg

They come in three super visible colors (and a matte white). And despite my firmly held belief, they are not scoops of ice cream.

0d574c69d15255df59112dc714974d06.jpg

From the company:

The Cut Matte line is for the player looking to add a little color to their game. Designed with a soft core and durable cover, Cut Matte Orange will deliver accuracy and excellent green-side control.

3-Piece Construction
Ionomer Cover Matte Finish
Soft Core and Mantle
314 Dimple Pattern
65 Compression
USGA Conforming

So what say you, THP? Are you a fan of the matte? And who has put the Cut Matte balls in play?

I pulled out my Cut Matte Orange golf balls for Halloween and because they have 65 compression, so a little softer in the colder rounds. I forgotten how good these golf balls are. I never felt my game was compromised playing an Ionomer cover. Really a great value at $20 a Dozen.

Nice write-up on the Cut Matte balls Molten.

LOL bowl of ice cream

I feel like most brands are doing matte balls now definitely need these for the offseason

Back