Daily Money Purse

WLG1952

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
N/A
With all the money being thrown at today's players, what would you say if the PGA tour were to pay out a daily winner's purse?

The low scoring player from each tournament day were to receive some sort of bonus money.. Say a $1 million pay out.

I used the PGA as an example, since the LIV tour already has their team format for extra bonus money.

I don’t think it should be that significant of a sum. Something more along the lines of $100k-$200k would be better. Big enough to mean something to some players but small enough that we won’t have to listen to it on the broadcast

I would go the other way…. Pay those who miss the cut say 10k to cover expenses.

I would go the other way…. Pay those who miss the cut say 10k to cover expenses.
no matter what happens with golf, this should be a thing.

DQ/WD do not get paid. Players who get cut get a minimum.

Why not both, Low Round money(split between ties), and missed cut exspese money

devil's advocate here. That means the winning purses drop - and not sure the players nor the PGAT want the top prize money to drop. Its not unlimited money

Make it enough that it’s a goal so that each day has some drama. Give us a reason to watch possibly. Let’s go a little further. Daily payoff for birdies and eagles.

I think this was one of the things that had been asked for many times in the past and not done....but then when LIV started i believe they approved it.

So i think this happens now. Probably because Rory fought bravely to get it and not because of LIV

Pay if they miss the cut. ✅
Low daily round bonus. ✅
Fire J Mo. ✅

I like this. 10k would be great, and I’d also standardize the payout for positions 26-65. Say, 25k. That would be about 1.7m shared with those outside the top 25, and 7-8M shared with those who actually performed that week.

Do only rookies get the guaranteed 500k now or does everyone with a tour card get 500K guaranteed? That would seem to address the 10K to cover expenses.

I do agree that golfers that miss the cut should get some money to cover expenses. They are part of the event, play in the pro-Ams etc.

Regarding the original idea I like the idea of having some money for low score every day. I don’t think it should be $1M but 50-100k is meaningful to pretty much everyone.

Regarding the original idea I like the idea of having some money for low score every day. I don’t think it should be $1M but 50-100k is meaningful to pretty much everyone.

Certainly would provide some motivation for anyone not on the first page of the leaderboard.

Certainly would provide some motivation for anyone not on the first page of the leaderboard.

Not comparing a member guest to the PGA Tour but I like it when they have a prize for lowest score in a round or on a day. It keeps you motivated when you are out of the money. I realize on tour if you make the cut and play well on the final days you can make more money but having more of a bonus for lowest score of the day would be kind of cool.

Back