Dave Pelz's Short Game Bible

Dave use to have a 3 day short game course (putting, chipping, pitching, sand play, approach shots, etc.) that I always wanted to attend and would still like to do so. Is there anyone here that attended one? Care to share your thoughts with us if you have.

Dave use to have a 3 day short game course (putting, chipping, pitching, sand play, approach shots, etc.) that I always wanted to attend and would still like to do so. Is there anyone here that attended one? Care to share your thoughts with us if you have.

I think Ole Gray and KellyBo went and they shared their thoughts a page or so back

I finished this book over the weekend, and have started overhauling parts of my short game, primarily the dead-hands finesse swing and distance wedges. I can't wait to put these shots in action.

I finished this book over the weekend, and have started overhauling parts of my short game, primarily the dead-hands finesse swing and distance wedges. I can't wait to put these shots in action.

I did this over the winter. His dead hand pitching made a world of difference for me. Best of luck.

I have read through this entire thread in the past week or so.

I also an in the middle of going through the DP Short Game Bible. So far results are excellent. I haven't tracked the yardage of the 4:3 system yet as I am dialing in the "finesse/dead hands" swing at the moment.
I am having great results with my contact and consistency with this short game swing.

Any of the guys still using this method. I am curious as to your long term results and the ability to stick with it?

I have read through this entire thread in the past week or so.

I also an in the middle of going through the DP Short Game Bible. So far results are excellent. I haven't tracked the yardage of the 4:3 system yet as I am dialing in the "finesse/dead hands" swing at the moment.
I am having great results with my contact and consistency with this short game swing.

Any of the guys still using this method. I am curious as to your long term results and the ability to stick with it?

I still use it and can't imagine doing it any other way. For a while I was working on this weekly, but have been trying to get my full swing in order (long term project). Went back and retested distances with 1/4 and 1/2 swings on Saturday and want to get back in the habit of weekly practice on this. My short game is the only reason I am not a 20+ handicap right now and I full believe the Pelz method is a big part of it. I miss a lot of green so being able to get up and down even 40% of the time is huge, with the other 60% only leaving me with bogey.

I have a card I keep in my bag that has my distances for all my clubs plus the distances for the partial swings with each of the wedges. I recheck every now and again and adjust the card as needed and refer to it when ever I am unsure on what club/shot to play.

Been reading this book the past two winters. Last winters learning was to actually practice. Learned how to get out of a bunker. This year its going to be trying to land the ball sooner on the green. Been practicing all winter shooting targets with all my irons and wedges. Interested to see how this translates to grass. If only it will stop snowing.

I haven't been able to practice much and it has translated into really substandard Pelz play. #disappointing.

This book changed my life...seriously. I’ve adopted the 3x4 system about 6 mo ago and have been really working at my swings and ranges. And I see a difference.

His scientific approach really speaks to me.

Just purchased this book and another from Tom Watson on eBay used, bring it on short game & course management!!!

Books came today. Got them for a steal on eBay (I think $8 combined). Now my wife can't say I don't read books anymore ;)

I have to revisit this book soon. Some of my dead hands wedges drop out of the sky like wounded ducks.

Back