David Leadbetter's "The StraightAway" Training aid

erock9174

Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone try this?
Saw him giving lessons on youtube a couple months ago to a few people with an early prototype and was intrigued.

The finished product looks nice but pricey at $79.99.
Curious how it works for people.

1687365802548.png

i remember the prototype when he was at the paradym release giving lessons to the good good guys. i like the idea, but for $80 i feel like you can create something that does the same thing for a lot cheaper.

Mm. If it works for someone great. I am just so not a fan of having some little practice anything with something like that on the actual club. Indoor rehearsal maybe.

Mm. If it works for someone great. I am just so not a fan of having some little practice anything with something like that on the actual club. Indoor rehearsal maybe.
My thinking was the opposite. Most training aids you can't really hit balls with. This one at least you could put it on any club you wanted to swing with and take it to the range.

That website is straight up infomercial

Definitely is, seems to be a teaching site that has also mixed in with some products their teaching pros are selling.

That website is straight up infomercial
It’s another performance golf product. I refuse to by something no matter how good it might be if I have to set thru endless infomercials.

It’s another performance golf product. I refuse to by something no matter how good it might be if I have to set thru endless infomercials.
Out of curiosity, if you wanted to buy it, why would you have to watch informercials to do so? You can click on the site, scroll down and hit purchase just like any other product on the web.
It's not like buying a timeshare where you have to sit through the 60 min spiel.

I like what it teaches but it would not have "fixed" my taking of the club inside. So I have to use my eye to make sure lines match up. I have to go slow and stop along the back swing. That is all well and good for a swing or two or a range session or 2. I use the Golfer's Toolbox with alignment sticks giving me direct feedback. If I go too far inside I smack into the alignment sticks and that is bad. I can set up and remove pretty easily and there are a number of other drills that I can do.

It teaches good things but it is not something I would use.

Out of curiosity, if you wanted to buy it, why would you have to watch informercials to do so? You can click on the site, scroll down and hit purchase just like any other product on the web.
It's not like buying a timeshare where you have to sit through the 60 min spiel.
[/QUOTE
it’s just my opinion I dislike all infomercials. Give me a website to but said product. I don’t want my time being wasted sifting thru info looking for a link that in turn many times tries to sell be something in addition. I’m sure others don’t share my dislike for infomercials.

I think it is probably a good training aid, but the price and website will not have me purchasing.

This training aid is mocking me now. I think its something that would help me with my current driver woes, would I ever use it since I have such little time at the range now as is.

This isn't mine, but I've been designing something similar that I can just 3D print at work.
1688401971188.png

I saw somebody using one of those on the range at my club and they were hitting it crappy. It could all just be on them though.

I saw somebody using one of those on the range at my club and they were hitting it crappy. It could all just be on them though.
Yeah, I was wonderiing if Mullinganizer finished his 3D printed one....thanks.

Yeah, I was wonderiing if Mullinganizer finished his 3D printed one....thanks.

I'm on rev 3 but it's going slow as it's not the priority. Wife's honey-do list says a bathroom remodel at the moment. Looking to decrease the inner diameter to incoroprate a rubber sleeve to help with gripping and protect the shaft. And was going to 3d print my own screw cap, but might just find something to use.

Would love to Have that 3d model to print 😍🙏

Spent sometime watching some of the lessons he did with proto type. Worked on it some today in the sim. Contact was really good. My buddy even commented on how ball striking was better than a week ago. Was able to order for something like 56 bucks. Will be spending some more time with this over the winter.

Spent sometime watching some of the lessons he did with proto type. Worked on it some today in the sim. Contact was really good. My buddy even commented on how ball striking was better than a week ago. Was able to order for something like 56 bucks. Will be spending some more time with this over the winter.
where did you end up buying it from?

where did you end up buying it from?
Sorry for late reply. Been going 100mph since 6am. Showed up on a Facebook ad. Go to Golfzon Leadbetter shows 69.95 I think a pop up with a 15% discount comes up. I think when ordered it was 20off

Back