DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played like a$$ but we had a good time. Ripped the scab off kind of round. Lol
Yeah you need those especially after a long Winter. Nice to know what to work on.

My chipping and pitching was one of my strengths at the end of last season and I just assumed it would transfer to this Ehh not so much.

I need to get some serious practice in.

I played like a$$ but we had a good time. Ripped the scab off kind of round. Lol

First step in your journey buddy, from here they will get stronger, longer and taken with more confidence each time.

First step in your journey buddy, from here they will get stronger, longer and taken with more confidence each time.
Absolutely, I'm not getting down that is for sure.

I'm sure it was great just to get out and hit real golf shots that had to be played. Wish I could have joined you guys.

Next time!!

I got in some good golf this weekend (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday). I went went with three friends to Williamsburg. We played Royal New Kent twice, Brickshire, and Ford's Colony (Blue Heron & Blackheath). The weather was great...in high 60s and 70s. My scores were just ok...in the 90s....but we had a great time!

Hope everyone else enjoyed the weekend!

I got in some good golf this weekend (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday). I went went with three friends to Williamsburg. We played Royal New Kent twice, Brickshire, and Ford's Colony (Blue Heron & Blackheath). The weather was great...in high 60s and 70s. My scores were just ok...in the 90s....but we had a great time!

Hope everyone else enjoyed the weekend!

How was RNK? I've only played there once and want to get back this year

How was RNK? I've only played there once and want to get back this year

The fairways were still brown but the greens were in great early season shape....rolling fast. I love the layout of RNK. Holes 1 and 2 start off with a bang and I think every hole is interesting. Holes 17 & 18 are great finishing holes. Due to it being Easter weekend there was hardly no one there so we could play at are own pace and had a great time!

I'm sure it was great just to get out and hit real golf shots that had to be played. Wish I could have joined you guys.

Next time!!

It was fun to get out on a decent day although some fun wind today. Other than early season greens was happy with course conditions. Had a blast today and saw Kevin hit some really good shots and some shots that rust and winter had an effect on...but know that while it's early and he is in the process of working on new swing things he will put it all together and will be worth it.

I played good on the back minus a swing or two and a putt or two. Front side was not as good but mostly was struggling off the tee. Really liking my z545 irons.

The fairways were still brown but the greens were in great early season shape....rolling fast. I love the layout of RNK. Holes 1 and 2 start off with a bang and I think every hole is interesting. Holes 17 & 18 are great finishing holes. Due to it being Easter weekend there was hardly no one there so we could play at are own pace and had a great time!

Good to hear! I love that 2nd hole, great design

I played at the Federal Club today in a VSGA event. Shot a 106.....two 53s. My iron game and putting were horrible. It is a very nice private course course near Richmond with all bent grass. The greens were very fast and I never figured them out.

I only had one birdie and two pars.

I had to come home and relax with a cigar and single malt scotch lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Heading to Myrtle Beach tomorrow morning for 5 days of golf with guys from work. Going to be a blast ... good to get away and work on getting off the rust from the winter.

Played in my first VSGA event a few weeks ago at River Creek. Shot 82, which I was happy with being the first time out for nearly 5 months. Really disappointed at the iron game and chipping though ... I think I hit maybe 3 GIR. Oh well ... gives me something to work on.

Hope everyone is doing well and I hope to get out with some of you in the near future.

DC MD VA Area Chat

Enjoy MB. It's always nice to get away from work for awhile.

Golf with buds and The Masters...good times indeed.

Heading to Myrtle Beach tomorrow morning for 5 days of golf with guys from work. Going to be a blast ... good to get away and work on getting off the rust from the winter.

Played in my first VSGA event a few weeks ago at River Creek. Shot 82, which I was happy with being the first time out for nearly 5 months. Really disappointed at the iron game and chipping though ... I think I hit maybe 3 GIR. Oh well ... gives me something to work on.

Hope everyone is doing well and I hope to get out with some of you in the near future.

Enjoy Myrtle Beach! I lived there for six years and always have a good time when I go back.

Played Blue Mash yesterday. basically playing on 1 knee and a cranky back. Somehow managed to shoot a 93 dealing with that and the wind. Course was in good shape - a little uneven in the rough still ( ball would fall between tufts of grass, and made hitting high wedge shots very tough ) but the fairways were great and the greens were firm, quick and smooth. Actually got a little sunburned!

Played Blue Mash yesterday. basically playing on 1 knee and a cranky back. Somehow managed to shoot a 93 dealing with that and the wind. Course was in good shape - a little uneven in the rough still ( ball would fall between tufts of grass, and made hitting high wedge shots very tough ) but the fairways were great and the greens were firm, quick and smooth. Actually got a little sunburned!

not bad for playing crippled. i like playing a few rounds every year at Blue Mash. Tough course but no matter what i always have a good time.

I love MB! This will be my first time going back to play golf in about 18 years! Since my son was an infant. I've been back of course with the family but I was never allowed to take the clubs during "family time." LOL

Can't wait! I've got the itch to play in some warm weather and enjoy time with the boys!

Hey Don. Glad you got out there. Sorry I couldn't swing it.

Not a bad score at all. That course has a few round wreckers on it. Like the first thee holes....ha

How'd you enjoy opening day, well other than the result :(

SaA

Hey Don. Glad you got out there. Sorry I couldn't swing it.
Not a bad score at all. That course has a few round wreckers on it. Like the first thee holes....ha

How'd you enjoy opening day, well other than the result :(

SaA

Yea, that's gotta be the hardest begin 3 hole stretch of any course I play on a somewhat regular basis. Was a really beautiful day, albeit a bit windy!

And the O's won, so yea, it was a good day! Only downside was Duke won- blah.

Yea, that's gotta be the hardest begin 3 hole stretch of any course I play on a somewhat regular basis. Was a really beautiful day, albeit a bit windy!

And the O's won, so yea, it was a good day! Only downside was Duke won- blah.

I thought you were going to the Nat's game since they were in town, and the O's in Tampa.

I love MB! This will be my first time going back to play golf in about 18 years! Since my son was an infant. I've been back of course with the family but I was never allowed to take the clubs during "family time." LOL

Can't wait! I've got the itch to play in some warm weather and enjoy time with the boys!

LOL - the in-laws gave us their time share week 2 summers ago - I played golf 3 mornings. Not my best decision ever, but my marriage survived it somehow! Can't imagine going there and not playing!

I have never played BM. It sounds like a very nice track.

I have used the Aeroburner for seven rounds now. It is a fairway finder. I use it only off the tee. It is maybe 10-15 yards shortly than my driver.

Do you use your mini off the deck also?

I have never played BM. It sounds like a very nice track.

I have used the Aeroburner for seven rounds now. It is a fairway finder. I use it only off the tee. It is maybe 10-15 yards shortly than my driver.

Do you use your mini off the deck also?

Seldom. I haven't been able to hit it at the range off the turf ( range were matts, and it scares me to hit it off of the matts lol ), but when I have I can't say the results have been great. I am going to give the aeroburner mini a shot soon...

Greendale 908 tee time for me on Saturday morning, pretty excited.

Well I had a much anticipated driver fitting at Club Champion last night. Only wished the results could have lived up to the hype. First the place is awesome and Buddah (the fitter) couldn't have been more fantastic. I was fit last May by Buddah for irons, so I was a repeat customer and he had a baseline of my stats from then.

But that said, I probably over estimated how ready my swing was to go through such an exhaustive and detailed fitting. I won’t bore you all with all the numbers and pitiful results…ha. But when the fitter decides it’s best we call it quits an hour into the session and tells you to come back in a couple weeks, after I have hit about 500 balls and gotten my body used to hitting a golf ball again (I had not hit a real shot since last September, minus a few swings in the Golfsmith simulator the past week).

It’s not like I was topping or shanking them, I was actually making solid contact and the first 10 balls I hit with my current driver Optiforce 460 were pretty decent. Although he said we’d be able to improve on those numbers, based on the height of my shots and the spin.

Over the next hour we tried the FlyZ, Aeroburner, G30 and XR and a multitude of different shafts. None of them bettered my current driver by anything significant.

The two issues remained my high (3600’ish) spin and a slight negative angle of attack; this is what perplexed him as I didn't have anything near negative (on drivers) last time. But he said, my body is just not used to hitting golf shots yet.

He made me promise not to buy anything in the next couple weeks, and come back preferably on a Saturday morning where I’m fresh and haven’t worked all day. I do plan to go to the Arundel Demo Day and the Wilson event at Golfdom, just to be able to hit a couple drivers that Club Champion doesn't offer
But I was so impressed with his dedication to find what was right for me, and not just try and sell me on something that was giving me 4 extra yards
He didn't charge me for last night, as he said “we’re not done here”. I thought that was an incredible gesture of good service.

I’ll be hitting as many balls as I can the next few weeks, gotta find somewhere that opens at 7:00 on the way to work, I can get at least 30 minutes of range time in. I don’t know if I’ll make it to 500 (he actually wanted a 1,000, but we agreed that wasn't going to happen)

So stay tuned for more to come, but if any of you are considering a fitting, I can’t recommend the place enough. The use Trackman there, so after reading the LM threads the past few days it was cool to see the current version of it. I told him about the discussion on the site and he was pleased to hear everyone thought so highly of Trackman.

As poor as my numbers were (we’re talking 89-90 ss and 210 to 220 distance) I could get lost for hours there hitting balls and seeing all the different things it can tell you. It’s so so much more than just speed, launch angle and spin, as we have read in the threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back