DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good deal. Played Bull Run last week. There's the usual weeds in the fairway issues, but other than that it was in pretty decent shape. All the rain this year has been weird.
Our fairways are perfect right now, and that's not just me, Ask Mr.Hicksta...he was just out here. Greens are recovering from aeration this week and other than people not fixing their ball marks, woudl be perfect in September.

Potomac Shores is nice ... at least it was when I played there last. Real close off the exit but overly priced IMO. I'm on their email listing & get offers all the time but ... maybe for a 1 time play just to say you did, but I wouldn't frequent there. Not worth it, I think Laurel Hills is a better course in all honesty.
I'll play it one day. Where ever you guys end up, I'll try and make it. I agree Laurel Hills is very very good, good assortment of holes. Par 3's there are among the toughest I've played anywhere.

Potomac Shores is nice ... at least it was when I played there last. Real close off the exit but overly priced IMO. I'm on their email listing & get offers all the time but ... maybe for a 1 time play just to say you did, but I wouldn't frequent there. Not worth it, I think Laurel Hills is a better course in all honesty.

The guys I played with Old Hickory on Wednesday said that Potomac Shores was in rough shape. I would be salty if I paid that much money to play a course and it was in bad shape.

Our fairways are perfect right now, and that's not just me, Ask Mr.Hicksta...he was just out here. Greens are recovering from aeration this week and other than people not fixing their ball marks, woudl be perfect in September.

I'll play it one day. Where ever you guys end up, I'll try and make it. I agree Laurel Hills is very very good, good assortment of holes. Par 3's there are among the toughest I've played anywhere.

I like your old stomping grounds there Beat. Even though I've only played it once, it's a nice track.

Laurel Hills was the course I was planning on playing the last time I was up there three weeks ago ... until work got in the way. So Laurel Hills would be fine by me if it works for everyone else.

Blue mash is in the middle. So is patuxent greens.

I'm fairly close to Blue Mash; never played it and I'd really like to.

Laurel Hills was the course I was planning on playing the last time I was up there three weeks ago ... until work got in the way. So Laurel Hills would be fine by me if it works for everyone else.
The odds of me making it are getting better. You guys book the course and time that works for you all and let me know,

Hmm, I might have to check tbe calender and see if I can make it. I have never been fit for a ball before, although I am afraid they will tell me how good of a fit the ProV1 is....kinda expensive

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

This is a pretty good opportunity for anyone to get some solid trackman fitting with ProV or ProVx. Feel free to shoot me any questions. Giving local DMV'ers the first chance to sign up before we put it out to the public.

View attachment 28899

No dice for me. Ballgame that day.

Did anyone book anything for Monday yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did anyone book anything for Monday yet?

I can't play Monday. Meetings I can't get out of.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm out also. Kid practices in two different places.

I can't play Monday. Meetings I can't get out of.

Unfortunately I can't either. I'm on PTO the rest of the week so my Monday is stacked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Looks like it's just you and me Deuce!! I'm still game.

Where did you guys get to play yesterday? How was it?

For those of you that are interested in the PXG line of clubs, there is a fitting at Raspberry Falls Golf club.

pxg.jpg

Looks like it's just you and me Deuce!! I'm still game.

Did you guys get out? Where did you end up going?

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Where did you guys get to play yesterday? How was it?

Did you guys get out? Where did you end up going?

We did. We played Laurel Hills. Had a great round and good time. Course is in "ok" shape. I've certainly seen it better by a long shot. But the rough was very thick, pretty much limited to punching out 50 to 60 yards our of most of it. On one hole I was maybe 20 yards off short right of the green, I litterally took a full swing (3/4) with my 54 degree and barely made it onto the front!! So it was playing long, as any of you who have played it know, it plays a lot uphill. The only downhill holes are the par 3'!!

We did. We played Laurel Hills. Had a great round and good time. Course is in "ok" shape. I've certainly seen it better by a long shot. But the rough was very thick, pretty much limited to punching out 50 to 60 yards our of most of it. On one hole I was maybe 20 yards off short right of the green, I litterally took a full swing (3/4) with my 54 degree and barely made it onto the front!! So it was playing long, as any of you who have played it know, it plays a lot uphill. The only downhill holes are the par 3'!!
What about #8? Isn't that a straight uphill par 3?

What about #8? Isn't that a straight uphill par 3?

I guess it probably is. But my point is none of the downhill holes are par 4s or 5s, only a couple 3s.

So many long par 4s that are made longer by being uphill.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Phew after a rough week so far looking like Sunday AM at Twin Lakes for me. Can't wait!!!

Just want to pass on congratulations to Pingman33. We met in the elite eight quarterfinals of our League Playoffs last night.

An original field of 32 he's now in the semifinals and defending his championship of last year.

Despite the loss, it was a fun match to play and I enjoyed the company and round.

Good luck in the next round Joe.

Just want to pass on congratulations to Pingman33. We met in the elite eight quarterfinals of our League Playoffs last night.

An original field of 32 he's now in the semifinals and defending his championship of last year.

Despite the loss, it was a fun match to play and I enjoyed the company and round.

Good luck in the next round Joe.

Thanks Rob....It was great playing with you...Always a gentleman...What this sport is all about!

Thanks Rob....It was great playing with you...Always a gentleman...What this sport is all about!
Well, you also had a slight advantage. The power of the i200

Well, you also had a slight advantage. The power of the i200

That is the truth...I am trying to bring Rob over to the Ping side!

That is the truth...I am trying to bring Rob over to the Ping side!
Getting Rob to purchase new equipment is easy. He likes shiny things. #HO.

I bet his garage looks like a small shop.

Although, the irons he is currently rocking are no joke either. Those are some pretty clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back