DC/MD/VA unofficial outing - 7/25/15

Golfinnut your victory speech will be via Periscope so get ready haha

Congrats on the win and cherish that Nike ball

We never got a victory speech out of golfinnut. He owes us either that or a motivational speech at the next outing.

I came in at 88 today with a couple big numbers on the front (the front two par fives took me 15). Wedge game was weak also, with plenty of skulls and a couple China Syndrome class divots. They had the white tees up today so a lot of holes were driver-wegde. Still was a great time on a top notch course with a fantastic group of guys. With my first official unofficial THP outing under my belt I'm already looking forward to the next.

Had a great time today fellas. I promise to play better next time. I will have a motivational speech next time as well!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Down hill lies will haunt my nightmares... Ugh

Lol. 'Nice drive Jesse! Looks like a downhill lie.' I'm chuckling over here. Good times today fellas. Looking forward to the next time we can put this together again.

Sounds like a great time amd some good golf was played.

Jessie don't feel bad about the score on Number 18. I'm sure whoever played with UVAWahoo heard him say something to the affect of "This is a perfectly reasonable par 6, too bad for the misprint on the scorecard thst says par 5"

it it is a long, tough hole. Did ypu guys play the tiebreaker hole behind it? That's pretty cool.

Sounds like a great time amd some good golf was played.

Jessie don't feel bad about the score on Number 18. I'm sure whoever played with UVAWahoo heard him say something to the affect of "This is a perfectly reasonable par 6, too bad for the misprint on the scorecard thst says par 5"

it it is a long, tough hole. Did ypu guys play the tiebreaker hole behind it? That's pretty cool.
I was lucky to have a double on 18 and I mean really lucky... trey can attest to that I should have had a 12 on that hole... Ugh

Had a great time today fellas. I promise to play better next time. I will have a motivational speech next time as well!

Show off those parting gifts dude... Haha

Glad you could make it out man and let's make Pinecrest happen very soon.

And I promise I'll learn how to hit a wedge properly in time for the next outing. Could have got someone killed with a couple of those.

My wedge shots (ignoring bunkers) were the highlight of my day. It seems like that's the only think that was working for me.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

216b0c0e308e2b7df35423948acbb4b9.jpg

Thanks for the SWAG fellas! Really shouldn't have earned it by shooting 80 but I'll take it. Hope to get out with you guys again soon!

216b0c0e308e2b7df35423948acbb4b9.jpg

Thanks for the SWAG fellas! Really shouldn't have earned it by shooting 80 but I'll take it. Hope to get out with you guys again soon!

Nice shooting man!

Where is the sweet gently used Nike ball?

Oh yeah ... I'll get that out for a pic later. Well used lol

Enjoyed getting out with you guys on Saturday! Let's start planning the next one ... summer is going to be over before you know it. :act-up:

Enjoyed getting out with you guys on Saturday! Let's start planning the next one ... summer is going to be over before you know it. :act-up:
Yeah let's plan it. We were talking about a fall get together. Late September or sometime in October. I had a blast this weekend.

Yeah let's plan it. We were talking about a fall get together. Late September or sometime in October. I had a blast this weekend.

Heck with that, that's time enough to get two or three more outings in!

Just a note to say how much I enjoyed playing golf with you guys on Saturday. However, my balls are still asking what the heck was always flying passed them.

Just a note to say how much I enjoyed playing golf with you guys on Saturday. However, my balls are still asking what the heck was always flying passed them.

Just FTR, he is referring to his golf balls. :neutral:

Glad you guys had a good time! I will do whatever I have to do to make the next one! My early suggestions? VA course - Laurel Hill. MD course - Blue Mash ( or Musket Ridge for those willing to travel a bit more! )

Heck with that, that's time enough to get two or three more outings in!

Glad everyone had a great time! So, just throwing out this date. How about August 8th for a mini-gathering ? I like Blue Mash :)

I'm out of town 8/8, but definitely down for another outing.

Glad you guys had a good time! I will do whatever I have to do to make the next one! My early suggestions? VA course - Laurel Hill. MD course - Blue Mash ( or Musket Ridge for those willing to travel a bit more! )
My vote ... Musket Ridge ... beautiful course and it's only 30 min from the house.
e724a8c6a7fe3207c0b6c3469c349a3a.jpg

Plus, as you can see .... I love the course!

Glad everyone had a great time! So, just throwing out this date. How about August 8th for a mini-gathering ? I like Blue Mash :)
I am also out of town that weekend. Getting things ready to take my son to VCU. Slowly getting ALL the kids out of the house.

Both Musket Ridge and Blue Mash are great venues. If I recall correctly, the last time I played Musket Ridge the fee was around $100. The score cards at Blue Mash has misprints. It shows that holes 1 through 3 are par 4s and hole 4 is a par 3. From what I could tell, holes 1 through 3 are par 5s and hole 4 is a par 4.

Back