VA. Vince

SC bound...
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN: 15.1
Just signed up for this app. Pretty cool, you can search your state/town for local people to play with or just input your scores. I loaded my scores and it gave me a 15.2 HC, according to the GolfShot app its an 18.2. Any way its free and I though it was neat.

Is it iPhone or android?

I just got this in an email from Diablo Golf. That sucks, it was really easy to post a score from the app.

DiabloGolf and the USGA are in a dispute regarding the fair use of golf handicap rules. In connection with this, the USGA has decided that DiabloGolf can no longer post GHIN handicap scores to the GHIN database.
If you are a member of DiabloGolf that was taking advantage of our GHIN features, we have automatically converted you to our DiabloGolf Recreational Handicap. In doing so, you will still be able to post scores on our DiabloGolf app and website and take advantage of all of the other features we have to offer.
As the first of its kind and the # 1 rated golf score posting app in the marketplace, we believe you will find continued enjoyment by using our app. We have big plans for our mobile platform and are excited to roll these features out to you in the near future.
If you have any questions regarding the USGA’s decision, please direct them to the USGA's legal department.
If you have a question for DiabloGolf? Check out our FAQ's, Contact Support, or ask us a question on Facebook.

Not sure how many use this app anymore, but it looks like they will soon be able to post scores to USGA handicaps again. This is the text of an email I received....

Dear DiabloGolf Members,

We would like to thank everyone for helping make DiabloGolf the

#1 Golf Handicap App in the mobile marketplace. Our team remains hard at work in an effort to improve the user experience and enhance our offerings. One recent milestone has to do with our new licensing agreement with the USGA as explained in the statement below.

“The USGA and XYZ Media, Inc., the owner of DiabloGolf (http://www.diablogolf.com), have amicably resolved a lawsuit and beginning in March 2013, DiabloGolf will be creating Type 3 Internet-based golf clubs (as defined in the USGA Handicap System Manual) with the ability to issue a USGA Handicap Index to qualifying club members. Qualifying club members may use a valid Handicap Index in the manner set forth in the USGA Handicap System Manual.”

This means DiabloGolf members will now have more options than ever before. Starting this week, all members will have an opportunity to join our newly formed golf clubs nationwide for $14.99 annually. We believe you will all enjoy the upgrades being rolled out today. Our USGA Handicap Index may be used anywhere a USGA Handicap Index is required.

We have priced our membership at a point that allows us to grow our feature set, hire developers, all while limiting, or even doing away with, any future intrusive advertising.

We hope to have your continued support as we continue to grow DiabloGolf, and welcome your input on ways to make our product even better for all golfers in the future.

Sincerely,

Tom and Patrick Jentz

Founders

I got the same one. This is good since I use that app all the time. I just wonder if you join will it take all of your existing scores and compute or do you start over after joining the club?

Does it have Canadian courses?

Bump to get current user opinions... their web site says they are GHIN again...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back