Did you invest in $GME or $AMC?

Did you invest in either GME or AMC before it's immense rise?

• Yes

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • No

Votes: 49 62.8%
  • No time for that - I'm playing golf!

Votes: 12 15.4%

• Total voters
Uh oh, someone pulled the chair out...

I'm not completely a fan, but FWIW, Mark Cuban has an AMA (Ask Me Anything) going on on the WSB subreddit right now

And today's GME performance explains what happens when demand is constrained, does it not?

It was a fun ride while it lasted, but man did some of the market makers do retail dirty.

The “tone” in the WSB page has definitely changed a bit...

The corruption is deep my friends.

I'm taking a different take on it.

A bunch of retail investors drank the cool-aid, which was spurned on by social media. It wasn't so much value investing as it was a "cancel culture" against the hedgies. They all climbed aboard. It worked. The shorts got squezzed and were forced to cover. Now the Robinhood investors etc. who weren't lucky or smart enough to sell during the spike are left holding the bag. I don't feel sorry for them. As much as the hedge funds are accused of manipulating the markets;, these Reddit WallStreetBets investors, in a way, did the same thing. Looks like a lose/lose all around to me.

I did not. But I did buy 250 shares of CTRM for .27-cents back in July just because I had < $100 in my Robinhood account and wanted to fling it at something. I had no idea the Reddit folks were pumping that, but it's up to almost .70-cents today. I wish I had bought 25,000 shares!

All I am saying is that if there was ever a time to put a restriction on buying GameStop stock to protect your customers, it's probably right now.

Quite a few my soldiers locked in losses this week.

Profit taking is prudent.

Across the board quite a few of them learned some lessons on investing vs gambling. All of mine thankfully in their early 20's to learn this lesson.

My co worker got some of us to download Robinhood in the fall since they give you a free stock and he get one with each sign up. Well, one guy got GameStop as a free stock back in September or something and he just kept it. During this whole kerfluffle he sold it at 300 bucks or so. Another friend of mine had 20 shares of Gamestop that wasn't doing well and sold it months before all this happened. Funny how this all works out.

Back