I tried the free trial as it had YES Network as a regional sports network (Syracuse was playing and it was on YES). Interface was nice from what I remember but I think it's pricey compared to others. Now there is no NFL or Redzone available either I believe. That's a no-go for me.

I use YouTube TV currently and have always liked it. Unfortunately they keep going up in price and now there is no MLB network. Can't find anything I like better though as YTV has Red Zone and VSIN w/ sports add-on.

I use it and it cost more than some others but it has the golf channel and it's good for sports.

DVR is great.

I might have myself talked into this w/ MLB channel, RSN's, and the ability to buy Sunday Ticket directly from YouTube.

@JB this is what you guys do correct? Anything you don't like about it? Looks like unlimited streams at home and still 3 away.

Edit: How do you watch Redzone Channel?

I might have myself talked into this w/ MLB channel, RSN's, and the ability to buy Sunday Ticket directly from YouTube.

@JB this is what you guys do correct? Anything you don't like about it? Looks like unlimited streams at home and still 3 away.

Edit: How do you watch Redzone Channel?
We get redzone channel as part of the sports package with it.
And yes, this is what we do.

We will be switching to Direct TV when we move and mostly because of Ballys

We get redzone channel as part of the sports package with it.
And yes, this is what we do.
Ok... so you can get Red Zone right on Direct TV. Perfect... Thx.

Ok... so you can get Red Zone right on Direct TV. Perfect... Thx.
Yes. Its directly next to NFL Network in the guide.
We may not even get Sunday Ticket this year as we didnt love the YouTube side of it.

Streaming as a standalone package? I have satellite DirecTV but downloaded the app for streaming and I can watch on Roku/phone/tablet, etc. I’m probably paying more for that but I haven’t noticed.

Probably not random but it seems to be as I haven’t looked into as to why, but there is the occasional content that is available to me via satellite but not through the app. 90% of the time, I’m watching the standard way via satellite. But for sporting events, and especially on the projector, I’ll much prefer the app. 1080p vs 1080i is very noticeable across the much larger screen.

Yes. Its directly next to NFL Network in the guide.
We may not even get Sunday Ticket this year as we didnt love the YouTube side of it.
Thats how YTV is too... but what was wrong w/ the ticket? I enjoyed it on YTV. Love the quad box. My only complaint would be not being able to pick the 4 games but that might be too difficult to set up.

Thats how YTV is too... but what was wrong w/ the ticket? I enjoyed it on YTV. Love the quad box. My only complaint would be not being able to pick the 4 games but that might be too difficult to set up.
I have used all of the streaming services and the delay on YTTV is by far the worst I have encountered.

I have used all of the streaming services and the delay on YTTV is by far the worst I have encountered.
What do you feel is the best now? I had DTV stream years ago but currently using our cable companies streaming option and its awful.

What do you feel is the best now? I had DTV stream years ago but currently using our cable companies streaming option and its awful.
I actually think Hulu Live is probably the best, because of their ondemand library being head and shoulders above the rest.

With that said, if you like RSN or need them, Directv Stream is MILES better than any other.

It is annoying to look at your phone during broadcasts. Last year was the first year I bought the ticket in years because when I had it before I just watched Red Zone. That quad box is a fantasy player/sports bettor dream though. I guess we will family vote it next season.

Back