Discount Golf Question?

Jimmy The Pins

Reaction score
Handicap
I was wondering if anybody had any tricks or secrets that they use to get on golf courses cheaper? (ie. discount passes, freebies, or webistes give aways) If so, please let me in on how I could obtain these discounts.

We have a mgazine called "Tee Times Golf Guide" that is published monthly and has discounts to different courses in it every month. See if you have something similar; it is free at our local courses. We tend to play a lot of twilight golf as well, the rates are a lot cheaper after 3:00 (2:00 since October).

Sign up for the course e-newsletter. I get 20-30 newsletters from different courses, and I set up a folder in my email box to put them all in. I can hit them and print out coupons when I make a tee time. One more thing, if they ask for your birthday, put it down, you can get free golf the day/week/month of your birthday from several courses.

There's also a local golf magazine (I plan to subscribe, haven't yet) but with it comes some 20 rounds of free golf in the greater Metroplex area.

Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, kids' sports teams fundraisers sometimes will come with coupons for reduced or free golf. Answer the door when these little guys come a knockin'.

I become good friends with the starters, they always let me out a second time if the course is open

Most courses around me let you go a second or even third (or more) round; if you are riding though, the carts are only rented for 18 holes so you have to pay for that each time. But I think the OP was wanting to find discounted single rounds, as do most of us! Gummi mentioned signing up online for the newsletters. I had forgotten that one, but I do that too, for the same reason of the free birthday golf!

I've seen, especially on ranges, punch card things. You have to be organized enough to keep and remember those sorts of things.

Many areas offer discount cards. For instance in Tampa, you have the Paradise card that lets you get on 15 courses or so at discounted rates. The card costs a few hundred bucks, but you will save money in the long run.

i'm in various e-groups offered by many golf courses.you get all the emails for the latest deals.

also, have a punch card for a golf course,play 10 get 1 free.

and i check every golf courses website for bargains.many of them make you print out the coupon from the site to qualify for the deal.

does hopping the fence @ the second hole count? j/k~!(my Bagboy ain't going over any fence)

Smallville you might want to check out www.teequest.com also, smoking deals on there.
To the original question, check around and see if you have anything similar in your area, the one I listed is only for the KC metro area.

Thanks Mo Hacker.

Thanks guys for the help...

I was wondering if anybody had any tricks or secrets that they use to get on golf courses cheaper? (ie. discount passes, freebies, or webistes give aways) If so, please let me in on how I could obtain these discounts.

Remember when we played at Brikshire and Royal New Kent on the same day(I am sure you have tried to forget). I shot a 78 in the morning and you shot like a 108, hahaha(just kiddin ya bro!). This was the site I used, they change courses every now and then.

http://www.teetimewatch.com/

Here's another one for tee time "certificates"

http://teetimecertificates.com/

Back