Disney club rental

BigTreble

Reaction score
So, barring another shut down, I have a scheduled convention at the Disney resort in August. I am bringing my wife and our granddaughter. Not a huge theme park guy, in fact I dislike them greatly, but the chance to bring our granddaughter is cool.

I will be working 3 days with no chance to golf, however, I will be staying a couple extra days. The thought of dragging my equipment (flying)for the off chance of playing one round is daunting, but the thought of renting junk is even more nauseating.

They claim to rent top quality shoes and clubs, can anyone verify that? While I'm far from good, it wont be enjoyable for me if I mentally can't feel comfortable with the clubs.

Believe they’re titleist rental sets. Shoes, I have no idea. They have a lot of Nike apparel, so my guess would be Nike or Footjoy

Believe they’re titleist rental sets. Shoes, I have no idea. They have a lot of Nike apparel, so my guess would be Nike or Footjoy

Yeah, I'd bet they are Titleist sets, seems like they have a lot of deals with courses for their rentals in Florida. I played down there with rentals in November with AP1s, a TS2 driver and 918 hybrid.

The WDW website shows TaylorMade M5 or M6 depending on shaft preference, and looks like Adidas shoes. Who knows if that’s all up to date, though.

I’m heading to Disney later this summer for a family vacation and plan to chance it on whatever they’re renting. Would love to have my own clubs with me, but for a single round it’s not worth the hassle to me of lugging them along with the wife and two kids in tow plus all of their stuff. Seems like the optimal rental situation. If I was going by myself, might be another story.

7B8B6EBD-DC0C-4BED-97E7-0C8E149C6653.jpeg

If true, I enjoyed testing the M5 and M6 irons. Both are good sets with the M5 being a bit smaller profile than the 6. Both were pretty forgiving overall, and I would gladly game a set if that was the rental.

The WDW website shows TaylorMade M5 or M6 depending on shaft preference, and looks like Adidas shoes. Who knows if that’s all up to date, though.

I’m heading to Disney later this summer for a family vacation and plan to chance it on whatever they’re renting. Would love to have my own clubs with me, but for a single round it’s not worth the hassle to me of lugging them along with the wife and two kids in tow plus all of their stuff. Seems like the optimal rental situation. If I was going by myself, might be another story.

View attachment 9008925

Wow, thanks I'm sure i looked, but didn't go far enough i guess. Thank you!

If true, I enjoyed testing the M5 and M6 irons. Both are good sets with the M5 being a bit smaller profile than the 6. Both were pretty forgiving overall, and I would gladly game a set if that was the rental.

I would be fine with this, i was just afraid it would be like vintage Spaulding blades or similar lol. :p

Renting golf clubs for a quick round while on vacation is so much easier if available. Good choice on renting.

View attachment 9008925
I can verify this. I was there earlier this year & rented. They were just as described. What I didn't like is they were standard grips & I use oversize. Don't know about shoes.

I can verify this. I was there earlier this year & rented. They were just as described. What I didn't like is they were standard grips & I use oversize. Don't know about shoes.

which course did you play? Trying to decide between magnolia and palm. I’m about a 20 hdcp, but leaning towards magnolia anyway if I only get to play one.

View attachment 9008925

Ah, interesting

which course did you play? Trying to decide between magnolia and palm. I’m about a 20 hdcp, but leaning towards magnolia anyway if I only get to play one.
I only played the walking 9 hole, Oak Trail, but it was fun. I paired of with some locals & had a great time but my game not so much & I'm a high cap as well.

I’m not big on bowling, but renting shoes just skeeeves me out. A good pair of Spikeless should be fine for a bit of walking around and playing a round. Or even some good CrossFit/running shoes would be my first choice

I rented a set from Disney a few years ago and they were a pretty nice Taylormade set. They were game improvement irons fwiw. Never rented shoes but honestly I’d just bring my own

Back