Snickerdog

Team THP 2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Let’s see what ya got or what your favorite is.
I have two I use, favorite ia from the Hideaway and the other is a heavy tool that came with the garage putter I bought two years ago
3038A099-DBD1-4EF7-A6A2-1B95D07E5F0A.jpeg
E1CD0030-E800-468F-9A12-B81421C972BD.jpeg

I think this is the only one left in my bag that I haven’t lost.
8AA6367E-447C-4CC9-8DDF-24CF298451E9.jpeg

Nice looking.
I like it, but I found it in the bottom of my new-to-me bag from my uncle. I’ve never had a Scotty! I need a fun one then maybe I won’t lose as many 😆

I have these in my bag

EB5C0157-DD43-4A11-8DA9-C7E631627581.jpeg

Tee...start on the outside and push in and tap.(especially from the impact side)
I fix more **** than I care to.
Pulling UP is not the play, it rips roots of the grass, I know that for a fact, and it doesn't need Science, just think...
You break ROOTS, you lose
Push....

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Tee...start on the outside and push in and tap.(especially from the impact side)
I fix more **** than I care to.
Pulling UP is not the play, it rips roots of the grass, I know that for a fact, and it doesn't need Science, just think...
You break ROOTS, you lose
Push....

They should probably make all golfers watch the video of how to do it before they go out on the course.

They should probably make all golfers watch the video of how to do it before they go out on the course.
#Truth
Y'all see it every day, people dig those forks in and pull UP, thinking they are helping...they are breaking the roots! Pushing those roots back into position gives them a FAR better chance (and DEFINITELY QUICKER) to continue and reattach...this isn't magic, they just need to THINK...ROOTS Grow Down...you think they want to come UP

1010AAD8-F6A2-4458-966E-95DB7851FCA5.jpeg

BTW, Folks get away with that crap MORE on Bluegrass greens, cuz they are RHYZOME growers (Roots grow sideways to fill bald spots ). Bent/Rye are different... Clump Grass....good luck after peeps dig a crater and don't fix it correctly.
Disgrace.

Sorry....

#Truth
Y'all see it every day, people dig those forks in and pull UP, thinking they are helping...they are breaking the roots! Pushing those roots back into position gives them a FAR better chance (and DEFINITELY QUICKER) to continue and reattach...this isn't magic, they just need to THINK...ROOTS Grow Down...you think they want to come UP

One of the few things that put me in a white rage on a golf course is when I'm using a tee and fixing a ball mark correctly some guy stops me, pulls out some tool that costs more than my whole set of clubs, and with an air of condescension pulls up the bottom of the mark.

To be fair, this has happened like maybe four times, but just thinking about it is raising my blood pressure. I'm almost thankful for COVID giving me an excuse to not play with randoms. If you ever read a news story about someone getting stabbed to death with their own gold plated divot tool, there is a good chance it would be my handiwork.

One of the few things that put me in a white rage on a golf course is when I'm using a tee and fixing a ball mark correctly some guy stops me, pulls out some tool that costs more than my whole set of clubs, and with an air of condescension pulls up the bottom of the mark.

To be fair, this has happened like maybe four times, but just thinking about it is raising my blood pressure. I'm almost thankful for COVID giving me an excuse to not play with randoms. If you ever read a news story about someone getting stabbed to death with their own gold plated divot tool, there is a good chance it would be my handiwork.
I HAVE TOOLS, but I USE A TEE....AND PUSH AND TAP.
KEEP Doing it the correct way, I appreciate it.

I was golfing with a avid fan of golf but doesnt play that much... pretty good just lacks time. Rather than use his tee and pretend to know, he politely asked me to show him how to fix a divot. Much better than "repairing" the wrong direction.

I admit that more golf clubs should have the pictures on how to do it in the bathroom. I used to do it wrong until nature called before a round and I learned something.

Picture of Tools found in my pocket grab are coming shortly...decent collection, but definitely no Hideaway iconic tool

If roots grow DOWN to gain strength (Which is FACT), why would ANYONE Try to stunt Science by pulling up?
Yeah...bah...

BTW, I NEVER implied you guys were idiots, I apologise if you got that impression , I'm not that guy

I bought a birdicorn and lost it the first time I used it. Bought another one and did the same thing.

Right now I have this one, and it works great.

c6e17bb37aa2e79b509faf733ac2780d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a birdicorn and lost it the first time I used it. Bought another one and did the same thing.

Right now I have this one, and it works great.

c6e17bb37aa2e79b509faf733ac2780d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As long as you push from the Deep side, idgas how fancy it looks.....
That's fancy though.....

I have one. That I've been keeping in a special place, so the wife doesn't get her hands on it.

It is not in that special place right now.

She got it Snicks. She got it. :cry:

BTW, I NEVER implied you guys were idiots, I apologise if you got that impression , I'm not that guy

I'm that guy.

If anyone out there has corrected a person who was repairing a mark correctly in order to do it the wrong way, do me a favor and slap yourself in the face as hard as you can and we will call it even.

I have lots of divot told, but I pretty much only use pitch fix-style tools these days. I love having my ball market and divot tool stuck together at all times.

Odd thing. I've been in indigent criminal defense for 20+ years. I've seen some seriously messed up stuff. I've written books on the subject. Still, today I dealt with the worst thing I've ever dealt with and it isn't even close. The stuff of unimaginable nightmares.

However, right now I'm feeling that irrational rage over the Mr. Helper Bigtime Divot Fixer being wrong and condescendingly arrogant. And by comparison it feels good.

Has to be the weirdest way I've ever been comforted by golf. I'm going to take my weird personal issues with imposter syndrome and turf repair and let that keep me up while I try to sleep rather than the existential despair about the awfulness of existence.

Just thought I'd share....

I have a bunch but my fav is a cheap switch blade one.

I've been using this for years.

images

Back