Do I Have a Golf Ball Problem?

You’re fine...I got you beat by probably a thousand.

ChadMo1, you're in fine shape for when the USGA rolls back the ball... if they ever do. You can sell "pre rollback balls" for a pretty penny.

You could give them away.
You could sell them on the marketplace here
You could offer them up a dozen at a time to THP members here with contests that you decide on to entertain yourself.
You could send them to me!:LOL:

Welcome! I'm fairly new here as well!

You don't really have a problem, but if you're looking to get rid of some here are a few ideas. As mentioned I would donate the bargain dozens (Top Flite, Noodle, etc.) to First Tee, or something like that locally.

My local range is fairly low key, run by a guy and his family. The balls are a mixture of beat up Srixon range balls and found balls or garage sale balls (not sure where they got them but there's quite a mixture). Since you said you would never game the found balls I would "donate" them to the range. Put a dozen in your bag to take with you to the range. Then you can hit your normal bucket of range balls plus the dozen you brought. Few trips to the range takes care of your "found balls" supply and you got to hit them all once.

Your other dozens...decide which ones you might use and sell the rest. I like to use a variety of balls (usually buy by the sleeve) so it's nice to keep a variety, but also nice to have room for new ones to test.

Longtime lurker, first-time poster. With this looking like "The Year of the Ball" it's a big challenge for a guy like me who very likely has a ball problem. This is just going off top of my head, but in my basement where I've got my mat/net setup, I did an inventory and here's what I've got stashed away: 7 dozen Kirkland 3-piece; 2 dozen mixture of Pro V1/V1x/Tour Soft; 3 dozen mixture of B330 RX/E12; dozen ERC; 2 dozen Q Star Tour; about a dozen Chrome Soft; about 3 dozen Duo Soft; about another 3-4 dozen left overs of Nike RZN and other randoms.

All of these are brand new, could be gamed, some are older certainly and have been passed by technology-wise by newer models, but they could all be gamed if I had to. On top of this, I've got probably 8-10 dozen bargain balls that I bought when my daughter started playing golf, so there's all sorts of Pinnacle, Top Flite, Noodle, etc.

THEN, there's maybe another 8-10 dozen found balls from over the years that I've hoarded and kept for some unknown reason. Not like I'd ever game any of those.

All of this being the case, now that the new lines of balls are coming out (excited about the Srixon buy 2/get 1 sale, the new B-RX, new AVX, new Chrome Soft, etc.), all I want to do is plunk a ton of money down on buying these new balls.

What the hell is my problem? Anyone else like this? My wife thinks I'm nuts and I can't really disagree with her.
Yep. Seems normal. And I think you should use the power of positive thinking. You have a golf/ball SOLUTION...

@ChadMo1, does your wife collect shoes or purses? You could always remind her of that. :ROFLMAO:

Kidding, you shouldn't do that. Welcome aboard THP!

This thread makes me feel better :p

No problem at all! Sounds about like my garage! Big box of used balls that my daughter uses. Then a couple of stacks of new balls in the cabinet and another small box of balls that come out of my bag.

That is nothing....most times I go to the golf course I end up with an extra bunch of balls. As a result I have a bankers box and two shoe boxes worth of found golf balls as well as several dozen of new balls.

:drinks:

Welcome to THP. I'm not far behind you. Have at least 15 dozen brand new balls and probably another 15 dozen found balls.

There are worse problems in life than an ample selection of ammunition. Carry on.

You could always list them on the marketplace, here, also. I'm sure there are some THPers that wouldn't mind taking on part of your "problem".

Hello, I'm MagicSpell and I am a golf ball hoarder.
I used to buy certain balls when I could get good deals simply because I thought I'd go through them. However, as time went on I would move on to other balls that I liked better (or perceived that I liked better). So, like you, I now have quite a number of balls that are brand new but I'll likely never game. I've given some away (to my brother, to my son, to anyone that will take them lol) and others I've taken to the range and used them for warm up before a round. I swear I'm trying to put them to good use but with new ball technology always advancing I seem to end up with "inferior" product while I go and get the latest.
I think I need professional help, lol.

Yep, sounds pretty normal from what I’ve seen! Also, nice collection!

I just counted the other day, currently have 39 dozen on shelf, Srixon, Bridgestone, Kirkland, a dozen pro v, and then about 8 random sleeves. I think that's it. Oh yeah and I found a box of Callaway rule 35 and old Nike TW Spin and TW Accuracy that I had bought mint way back when probably doz of those. Not to mention all the used balls filling up the 5 gal bucket.

I don't understand this particular golf related problem, why buy so many balls at one time? unless you are locked into one ball for all time why buy multiple dozens?

They are not going to run out and they are not that expensive compared to all the other things we spend golfing money on, kind of like colllecting putter headcovers to me but at least you are going to lose the golf balls eventually.

I can never commit to any ball that long term to buy 3-4 dozen at a time, because after the clubs and putter it is always the balls fault I am not scoring well.

Now excessively buying and trying, then buying again different but the basically the same sets of irons and different driver shafts I can get behind 100% that makes total sense to me.........

My thinking has been I can’t lose them as fast as they can make them. And new tech is always emerging. I have a few dozen on hand but I let the stores hold my inventory

I'll do inventory but I think I have your normal a collection in my closet as well right 25 dozen Srixon Titleist n taylormades +3 doz velocity's I use during work. Throw in some maxfli tours and invite I won.... Well I have a bunch I can spare for nephew. Doesn't count my shag bag which get donated to driving range.

Welcome to THP Golf Ball Hoarders Anonymous!

Those golf balls make good gifts...Sometimes when i have to donate gifts for social tournaments, I’ll wrap a few of the least played golf balls in my collection and donate them as gifts...Helps reduce unplayed golf balls in my home...

Sounds like you've got a ways to go before you catch up to me. However, I'm organizing a golf outing for the end of May and I decided to give each participant two 3-packs of golf balls. That dimities my inventory by about 13 dozen. Now I've got room for some new 2020 balls. Just ordered a dozen Bridgestone B RX (2020 version).

Sounds abby normal to me.

I'll agree with those that say it seems normal but that could be because I don't want to admit I have a problem as well.. ??

Back