Do we get obsessed with favourites

hovers

Reaction score
Handicap
I have had something of a love affair with Titleist woods & Mizuno forged irons for many years, but I did eventually manage to swap to Ping i25 irons and love them - can't seem to break the Titleist wood habit though, despite trying various Taylormade, Ping and others.
Anyone else been similar biased but eventually broke it and found something better??

WIMB:
Titleist 915 D2 Driver, 8.5°, Proforce V2 Stiff 72g shaft, set on C3.
Titleist F910 3 wood, 15°, Diamara Blue Stiff 75g shaft, set on A1.
Titleist 913H hybrid 19°, Diamara Blue Stiff 82g shaft, set on A1.
Titleist 585 Hybrid 21°, S100 stiff steel shaft.
Ping G25 3 iron, red dot, XPS stiff steel shaft.
Ping I25 irons 4 thru PW + UW, red dot, Project X 5.5 steel shafts.
Ping Glide 56° ES wedge, XPS Wedge flex steel shaft.
Titleist Vokey SM 60° 04 low bounce wedge, wedge flex stiff steel shaft.
Odessey Dual Force Rosie II putter, Superstroke 2.0 grip, 3gm lead, 32" length.

14th club is 21° hybrid, 3 iron or 60° wedge depending on weather/course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always been partial to Callaway irons and TaylorMade drivers. I'm not averse to trying something different, though. I'm actually thinking of trying something different in my driver (currently using the TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0) and I'm liking what I see from Callaway and Cobra. Wedges? eh, just give me something that spins. Putter? My last two have been TaylorMade (Nubbins B1s and Rossa Daytona1) so I guess I'm a TaylorMade guy, there but I would certainly try some other ones out.

I've always been equal opportunity but I must admit, after not really trying anything other than an Opti-Force 4W for years and years, I'm REALLY impressed by Callaway's recent releases.

So I'm likely to turn to them first but never exclusively.

I used to have my favorites but nowdays, Im all about whatever performs. Unless the golf companies are going to pay me to use their stuff, I see no reason to be loyal.

I've not noticed an obsession for me, although I do look at Cobra and Callaway offerings first.

Certainly right now my focus is on my Cobra gear (thanks to CPG and THP), so that I can continue to review them. It makes it easier that their products have been fantastic thus far.

I have always had a mixed bag, but I find myself gravitating towards Callaway these days. With the exception of my putter, I see a full Callaway bag in my future. While a lot of that has to do with performance, I'm just fond of the brand itself. I like their community/customer focus and I also enjoy their videos/podcasts.

I've always loved Callaway, but went another direction a year or so ago. No doubt I'll see some Callaway in the bag again down the road.

Yeah now that I'm looking at replacing my bought-used Taylor Burner, the first two I looked at were Cobra's offerings since I love my Cobra irons and then Callaway. I'm expecting either a Fly-Z, F7, or Big Bertha in my future.

If they work for me my clubs could be labeled Fisher-Price, Lego or TeleTubby

I am partial to Ping and TM irons, and Callaway drivers.

I think it's reasonable that if you've had a good experience with a company in product performance, customer service, or whatever, that they're going to have an inside track with you and you look to them first. Companies work hard to cultivate this. And the opposite holds true as well.

I've got my favorites that I try first, but there are some that have buzz that I'll try that I may not otherwise try that can surprise me. Then there are some that I'd have to almost happen onto by accident.

I've always been partial to Titleist (just see my WITB) but I've been leaning a bit to Callaway irons & driver.

Yes, I find myself usually rooting for underdog brands. For the past several years its been Wilson Staff. I love the products although of late I am finding myself feeling like they aren't doing enough to market themselves. I know that can be argued with the money spent on DvD and a pretty good social media presence but somehow I expected a break thru this year. I question how good their sales team is in getting the product placed.

Back