Do You Consume Alcohol While Playing?

99.9% of the time I start the round with a double gin and tonic, preferably Tanqueray 10. Even in the mornings I'll drink at the start of the round. As the round progresses I drink less and less, usually not touching a drink from 10 on......

Never drink after the round, 4 hours is enough to spend at the golf course. It's turn and burn.

Some of my playing partners seem to struggle with the off switch, I do not. Once I hit a certain point, I am good to go. Usually 2 stiff drinks from holes 1 - 5 and then it's usually water for the rest of the round.

Last edited:
Rarely for me. My usual partner doesn't drink at all so no peer pressure. I find in the fall when it is hard getting a tee time and I'm only playing an afternoon 9, I may have a beer on course. Those 9s I rarely have a scorecard with me. Just a fun 9 as the season winds down.

Nope

I have never consumed a drop of alcohol anywhere. IF I ever get a hole in one I'll have a drink (unless I'm driving)

I'll have a few beers almost every round. And a Bloody Mary for early morning rounds.

It's not a must have. I'm not on the lookout for the cart girl. I'm just happy when she shows up.

As a general rule, no but very occasionally I'll have a beer.

Generally no, but then again don't really drink to begin with so it's not like I found be missing anything out of my normal routine.

no...save it for the 19th

I used to drink pretty much every time I played. It was part of the game, like pool and darts. It didn't matter if it was a casual round or the club championship.

But I don't drink at all anymore, on the course or off.

Unless it’s an evening scramble, not on the course. Afternoons in the sim, sure.

Back