Do you drive the ball further today than you did 10 years ago?

?

• Yes

Votes: 46 50.5%
  • No

Votes: 45 49.5%

• Total voters
No, which I consider a win at age 58. I spin it less than I did a decade ago so I’m more efficient with my 103ish mph swing vs my 107mph swing from a decade ago. My stock 8 iron is still a 155-160 yard club like it has always been.

At 75 years old I'm hitting my driver at least 50-60 yards less than I did 10 years ago. Its a combination of spine surgery, arthritis, and age.

I believe I still hit it as far or farther. Playing more golf over the last 4 years than I did in 13. In 13 I still owned a business that required a majority of my time. With the evolution of tech in clubs driver especially I think it has help a large majority hit the ball longer as we age. The driver in the bag was a red Cobra Amp Cell.

i would say i am close to 50'ish yards shorter now then 10 years ago. injuries, age and not playing enough has taken it's toll

Yes, but that is because I was not playing 10 years ago.

Not further but about the same distance. I am perfectly happy with that considering I am quickly approaching 60.

I don't think I'll ever be in Chipping distance of a Par 4 again.

I had a major health issue about 7 years ago and never recovered the lost swing speed. If not for that I think I would likely be about the same distance. Probably not longer as I am in my mid 50s.

Current technology keeps the loss in distance to less than it should be at 55 years old, but have lost a good 20 yards from my mid 40’s.

I’m actually drove the ball further than I did 25 years ago. Which to me is crazy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miles farther

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25 yards shorter with driver than 10 years ago. Now 72 years old with some injuries and less flexibility. Not making excuses, just explaining.

Back