Do you ever have an "end of season" for golf?

No off season in SoCal. I tend to hit the driving range more in the fall and winter and play rounds more during daylight savings time. However year round I try to at least play 9 holes on Sunday mornings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here in NJ the season effectively ends in November but I try to play at least once per month even in those terrible months known as December, January, and February. Last "offseason" I managed to pull it off and get a round in each month so hoping for the same this year. Basically as others have said, give me a 40 degree day or even nice and sunny mid 30s and I'll give it a go.

Also, in those months I'll play trackman/sim golf at least 3-4 times a month to keep the addiction well fed.

At the Jersey Shore, yes. But I usually weather the cold a few times each winter anyway. I joined an indoor golf sim too.

Unless it's raining (most courses close during storms) I'm fortunate in that golf is year around here.

I am forced to "bundle up" in slacks and a 3/4 zip during the early morning rounds when it's 25°-35°. On the positive side, that just means the wine remains properly chilled. ;)

For me, I don't really like to play below 45 or so, but I will if its sunny and calm. Golf "season" has more to do with available light and how long it takes to fill our freezer with deer meat in the fall.

We have 4 golf seasons here. Winter, Spring, Summer, and Autumn.

I live inland Northern Cal I've taken the entire horrible SUMMER off. I just freaking hate the heat so much - and I don't like playing early in the morning anymore either. I thought getting old meant I'd like it 90+ degrees for 6 straight months but now it just makes me angry.

My next round since June 1st will be next weekend. We are good to go unless literally raining out all "winter" though with "rugged" daytime temps in the 50's.

I live inland Northern Cal I've taken the entire horrible SUMMER off. I just freaking hate the heat so much - and I don't like playing early in the morning anymore either. I thought getting old meant I'd like it 90+ degrees for 6 straight months but now it just makes me angry.

My next round since June 1st will be next weekend. We are good to go unless literally raining out all "winter" though with "rugged" daytime temps in the 50's.

I prefer to beat the heat by playing in the evening when it will cool off as I'm making the turn and starting to get too hot.

Around WNY the season pretty much winds down after Oct. because daylight gets shorter and shorter. But I will play as long as I can see some grass on the ground TBH depending on how brutal the winter is.

Yes, once the weather gets too cold I end my season, also I don't bother playing on those freak warm days anymore, once my season is over, it's over.

Usually May-September, sometimes it lasts into the fall a while longer, one year I was still playing in December! but alas those long seasons seem to be few.

I missed out on a couple decades, and about 6 weeks this summer, so I'm going to play here until they kick me off the course(s). We already have a couple trips planned for warmer weather this winter and I take my clubs with me everywhere with me now.

In NY, I sort of wrapped things up by NFL football season. Combination of competing obsessions and falling leaves.

Here in NC, year round. Unfortunately, recurring injury has still provided me with an off season of sorts. Not ideal, but at least Mother Nature isn't the culprit.

My play will likely come to a stop by the end of October. It really could be anytime in October though. That's when it's time to start on woodworking projects and doing puzzles.

For the most part, year round. However, I play less while trying to fill the freezers!

Luckily the courses around here don't close for long periods of time, so my dad and I usually play even when it's cold. Our threshold is around 30* if it's not windy.

Unfortunately, I recently heard that all but one of our four city courses will be closed January and February. I'm not sure what that will mean for how busy that one course is but we usually get to enjoy several cold rounds by ourselves each year.

My season slows down when the heat index is over 100, but there really isn't an end here.

Middle or late October for me here in Chicago. Usually don't play when the temps dip below 55*

Season never really ends in NC but we will have days it’s not fun to play. I like it to be at least a high of 50 when I play and that we get luck with weather through early January most years.

I can play year round here in So. Cal, but that means I have to live in So. Cal. :poop: Decisions decisions. :golf:

Some of us aren't fortunate to live in fair weather climates year round. And some of us have other hobbies other than golf. For me, when the weather starts to turn usually my golf clubs are put up and my rifles come out. Do you have an end of season or are you a year rounder?

#metoo I start polishing things off for long range challenges and 3 gun. Unfortunately, I really practiced my golf game a lot this year and hit a bunch of goals I set. Not looking forward to spring and seeing all my bad habits crop back up in my swing. I don't like playing in the cold, below 60F, so the season usually ends by mid-October in the Mid-Atlantic area. I'll probably hit the other type of range in a couple weeks.

Playing season? Maybe- depending on weather and if a few courses stay open here in NYC area. Practice- no. Range is heated and covered. Every week or two session keeps me ready to get an early start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The first couple decades I’d rarely play more than 2-3 rounds between October and late March. Between living in California for 20 years and now visiting Florida 45 days each winter, I now play about 15 rounds during the winter months. I actually enjoy a break from golf for at least a few months.

We haven’t even reached the good golf weather in my part of the country. I’ve played in every month of the calendar here and downtime due to weather is measured in days, not months (or even weeks).

No end of the season here, just usually take a break for a month or two around this time of the year.

Back