Do you ever have an "end of season" for golf?

I play by the 70/10/+ rules......

Minimum of 70 degrees, maximum of 10 mph winds, + the grass has to be green.

I may revise my rules this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I live in Pennsylvania and managed last year to be out until first week of January, 2019 when we had sub 0 weather and most every course shutdown from the freeze. The city course I play all the time shuts down on Halloween but many others stay open weather permitting. I only missed about 8 weeks from January to March of golflessness. My season is as long as the courses are open.

Weather was a perfect 78 degrees this afternoon. I expect more of the same for the next month or so. If it wasn’t for switching back to Standard Time this would be the best time of year to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snow is the only thing that’s shuts me and my buddies down. Unfortunately (contradiction intended) it snows very little these days. If the course is open we play.

I do. Golf is over for me on November 1, although for the most part golf is over in October when European soccer and football starts.

Some of us aren't fortunate to live in fair weather climates year round. And some of us have other hobbies other than golf. For me, when the weather starts to turn usually my golf clubs are put up and my rifles come out. Do you have an end of season or are you a year rounder?

Snow ends it for sure. Deer hunting usually slows it to a grinding halt.

Back