Do you have a golf reputation?

Definitely do at the club I play at. However bring that I often play with older people im known for long drives and solid play. Also with there not being a ton of English speakers that is something else albeit non golf related.

Don’t know if I quite have one honestly.

I’d say this year I became known as “Sandy” as my bunker game was very good and I was getting up and down an extraordinary % of the time plus I always got out and fairly close enough for a putt.

I would say more of the focused player. Like I do talk but in serious competition I definitely get way more focused. Casual round very chatty

I would go with Dr. Smooth for @BuffaloPlunger, and Mr. Consistent for @sunshine. @robrandalgz can hold is own, but his specialty is The Cheerleader - the dude can make you feel good about absolutely anything. Oh yeah, @BuffaloPlunger is also Mr. Long Drive.

I have a theory on my reputation is, but I'd be interested to hear what those who have seen my game first hand have to say :unsure:
I would say Mr short game for you

None that I can think of. Honestly pretty nondescript. Doesn’t complain even if it’s a 6 hour round guy?

I am told frequently - Golf must be very boring for you - you are always down the middle. - does that ever get boring.??
"Why don't you hit one sideways just once to see how the rest of us feel!"

1- The guy who crashes golf carts
2- The guy who wears sweat bands
3- The guy who brings a stroller on a golf course
4- The guy with a pink golf bag and a crap ton of head covers
You Got This Dos Equis GIF

The Most Interesting Man in the World?

Since I don’t know if I have a reputation or not……is it safe to assume I might be ”that guy”?

I have no clue. I don’t do anything particularly well but play decent in streaks.

It's been several years but @sposey013168 hit the nail on the head. We had played enough together that he knew. I was down the middle and he was off in the trees off 1st tee when he said "I'm not worried at all ... you'll eventually have to putt" I think the guys I play regularly with today would agree I'm still that guy, I know the guy in the mirror agrees.

I don’t think I do. Not really a reputation but more just facts about my golf game.

I just collect money for AZ THP and provide shots of Fireball when needed. 🤣

I would say more of the focused player. Like I do talk but in serious competition I definitely get way more focused. Casual round very chatty
So at the Grandaddy…chatty focus for the win!

I just collect money for AZ THP and provide shots of Fireball when needed. 🤣
I consider you the Matthew Wolfe golf swing of AZTHP. Absolute fairway finder when it’s on. Which is most of the time.

Known for being extremely inconsistent. Playing partners are constantly amazed that I can go 6 over for 6 holes, 1 under for 6 holes and 16 over for six holes all in the same round!

Mr Dapper or Mr Tee Time Booker for me.

According to @mtbloco, I'm the guy that would have a game if I actually practiced once in a while. He might be on to something..........

I can count on one hand how many times I practiced this year. Oddly I took my handicap to lowest its ever been this season (16.3 at one point) but it's ballooned back up again. :(

I have been given the nickname "boring" on the golf course more times than I can remember. Tee to fairway, fairway to green, green to hole. I also get noticed for the length of my swing. I have a lot of flexibility in both directions--even at age 66. Finally, I have been accused of having a tour-level putting game on many occasions, including by golf instructors.

None that I can think of. Honestly pretty nondescript. Doesn’t complain even if it’s a 6 hour round guy?
That's definitely not me, I'm MF'ing the group in front of us as soon as they fall even half a hole behind the group ahead of them!

That's definitely not me, I'm MF'ing the group in front of us as soon as they fall even half a hole behind the group ahead of them!
I promise it’s not us being slow in front of you lol. I just tend to golf midday and never say no to a charity scramble

I typically score better than my ball striking dictates.

Over the last few years, "most improved" is probably where I land.

On a round to round basis, I'm probably the deck chair, because I always fold under pressure.

Back