Do you have a Tour Pro swing that you emulate

I agree that it's really difficult for most amateurs to try to emulate any pro's swing. Plus as we all have found with video, what we think our swing looks like and what it really looks like rarely matches up. The crazy part about professionals is how efficient their power is and how even when they swing with a lot of force, it rarely looks 'rushed'.

No, I don't emulate a pro swing in any way, shape, or form. If there IS any resemblance to a pro swing, it's purely by coincidence:)

I have had multiple people tell me at various points in my playing time that my swing tempo and profile looks a lot like Freddie couples. I have no idea if that's true but I will say his easy tempo, rhythmic swing is something I have drooled over for years and probably the closest one I have tried to emulate.

I have had multiple people tell me at various points in my playing time that my swing tempo and profile looks a lot like Freddie couples. I have no idea if that's true but I will say his easy tempo, rhythmic swing is something I have drooled over for years and probably the closest one I have tried to emulate.

Hard to go wrong emulating Couples tempo. When my swing gets out of synch I will think about swinging to his finish position but I can't emulate even that never mind the rest of his swing my body doesn't work like that.

In my mind I imagine myself swinging like Rory McIlroy. As a visualization technique I suppose it works although no one would ever walk up to me and say "Wow, your swing reminds me of Rory McIlroy". Some might question if I ever played golf before however.

I would love to for my golf swing to look like Hogans and I tried hard for years to emulate that style swing but I could not make my body do his style swing -- wish I had accepted that years ago... The first time I saw my swing on video-- well it was time for me to accept reality :) So my philosophy today is I have a golf swing model that I am seeing consistent - positive results with (GGA Single Plane) that teaches certain positions to hit, I am able to do that and see results that are positive. The model is based off Moe Norman swing but in my mind I am not trying to look like him swinging the club, I just want to do what he did regarding hitting key positions in my swing. This approach works for me.

I don’t try to emulate anyone exactly. I really like Anne Van Dam swing though.

Not sure if this is a way of emulating a pro, but I remind myself when using my driver to not let up and to swing aggressively and through the ball. I sometimes don’t follow through or turn the hands over enough but then I think about Rory and his swing. So powerful and one of the best drivers on tour. When I really commit and let the head and shaft do it’s job, it turns out pretty good.

Molinari is my go-to for trying to mimic in my swing.

I have 2 swings for each iron. One swing is a stock shot. The second swing i call my "ernie els or Freddie couples swing" where the I focus on a smooth 7/10 rhythm. Goes about 10 yards shorter. Great visualization/feeler!

Younger years I was always trying to be like Boom Boom

Rory or Adam Scott’s hard to choose one over the other

One thing I've noticed a lot of players doing now in their back swing is take the club back to about waist high or so... then stop and readdress the ball. That's not something I do but may think about because so many pros do it.

I used to work with a coach who always put up DL3or Ernie on a split screen to compare to my swing. Didn’t see it then. Sure don’t see it now

In my mind I look like Phil Mickelson. In reality, I look like Charles Barkley.:cry:

In my mind I look like Phil Mickelson. In reality, I look like Charles Barkley.:cry:
Sure hope you don't pause like that! If I emulated a pro, maybe I'd be a better golfer. But I'm stuck with the swing I have. Just gotta make the best of it.

Feherty once described Jim Furyk's swing as looking like "an octopus falling out of a tree". So maybe there is a pro's swing I emulate!

I’m built similar to Rahm and struggle to get a ton of rotation. I try to model my swing after him with a shorter back swing. I have plenty of power so don’t need the added wind up and when I go too far back I have to bend my left arm.

I try to emulate Rahm or Harold Varner III

I'm built like a keg with appendages, so a short backswing is better for me.

In my mind I imagine myself swinging like Rory McIlroy. As a visualization technique I suppose it works although no one would ever walk up to me and say "Wow, your swing reminds me of Rory McIlroy". Some might question if I ever played golf before however.

Mostly just the driver but I think this as well... It takes getting very loose in my 46 your old body but when it does, it feels great to rear back & let one fly... just wish I had the ability to generate that speed (or 90%) and the flexibilty to rotate thru like that.

Maybe 15 years ago I purchased a package of like 10 lessons, and the teaching pro would put me on one side of the screen and Retief Goosen on the other to compare setup and various positions throughout the swing. I can't say I ever visualized myself swinging like Retief, but I would say that I can now look at his swing as a reference for my own when things get wonky.

Back