Do you have an off-season?

Flipit

Aka- ApexFan
Reaction score
Handicap
And if so what do you do to keep yourself occupied?

I’m pretty lucky in that I can play Year round here and rarely even have to deal with sub 50 degrees beyond 9 am. So that said I will play thru the winter months. However I’m also taking advantage of the early dark hours to get in better shape. For us 50 plus folks that becomes important for many reasons.
I also have a hitting net at home so I can work on some things when I may not have time to drive to the range.

No off-season. Played in 38* weather last week.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

About 4 months of it, and it'll be here soon. I have no idea what I'm going to do to keep my mind off of it.

Heated stall outdoor range nearby so I can hit balls 90% of the time. (Balls are kept inside) Certain winds with severe temps and I’ll stay home. Otherwise if weather is okay, I’ll get out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very few days during the year I can't play. I am not at all tolerant of cold weather so odds on me getting out if temperature is under 50 are very slim. That typically cuts out less than 10 days a year. I prefer to play in all seasons in the afternoon when the temps are at their warmest.

Off season is a great time to focus on your fitness for golf. Season pretty much ends here in Ohio by November. I'm hitting the gym pretty hard right now until our season starts up again in April. I will head to myrtle Beach in December and be able to get some golf in, but even down there I focus on gym workouts and hit the driving range pretty regularly to work on my swing.

Mine is about now through mid April. If we get a rate warm day in between I’ll get out and play. I’m lucky enough to have 2 young kids so I have plenty to keep me occupied during the off season (and during the season.). My dad has a simulator in his basement so I do stop over there sometimes to hit some balls.

Pretty lucky here in Kansas, we don't have much off season (usually) if we do it will be late December and January. I generally will do a lot of indoor putting. Any golf done in the winter time is always walking, keeps warm and exercise at the same time.

My off season typically last 6 months from October to April. But I try to play on random warm days that may pop up throughout the off season.

I’m lucky enough to have the room in my house for a SkyTrak indoor simulator that I can take full swings into a high impact screen. It’s tough to play in North TX weather from December to February unless you get a break in the weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no off season, just off weeks....

My off season is dictated by the weather. I tend not to pick up a club (have never gotten much from hitting balls in the winter) but I do remain active. I try to focus on doing some golf specific exercises, weight training, and stretching.

My offseason is Feb-Apr and Sept-Oct. not due to weather but work obligations. I try to join a sim league so I keep swinging at least once a week.

Yes, it started a few weeks ago. I'll head to the headed outdoor range a few times throughout the winter. And it sounds like my wife has work trips to Florida, South Carolina, and Hawaii between now and March - so I might have to suck it up and tag along.

No off season here. We get an occasional nasty winter storm that usually will be cleared up in a day or so.

Still in my first year here in AZ but I am pretty sure the answer is no. I played in 110 during the summer and plan to play in Tucson in a couple weeks when it may well dip below 45. Play on!

This question has come up recently. It is interesting to learn what the seasonal golfers do.

Previous years, I had an off season. I live in a ski town. I skied.

This year, I’m not going to have an off season. With access to indoor simulators, I am going to keep a practice and playing (virtual) routine going. I don’t know about traveling to play but will stay open to opportunities.

SoCal winter, so no off season. Weather was in the 80s and 90s this past weekend. Definitely not normal, but anything below about 65° is considered cold here. The main difference is the ground is more moist than in summer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unfortunately Yes, and it came in early this year it seems. I have the putting green in my basement and I’ll hit the indoor sims a few times but that’s about it. I need to give the ol back a little time off too. Unless I can squeeze in this SkyTrak. ;)

Not really off-season for cold weather but NorCal can have some rainy winter weather, but still play rain or shine when possible

In my off season I hit balls in my outside hitting cage. If it snows its the first thing I shovel.
Years ago I built a big 10'h x 12'w x 8'd hitting area with a 5x5 hitting mat. Inside I'll putt in the family room.

We don't have much of an off-season as you can still get out and play most of the time. I'll be making a concerted effort to get out in jan and Feb, even if it's colder than I prefer, just to get club testing in.

Practiced putting for about a half an hour after work in shirt sleeves. Our club still has two additional events before the year-end. I know, half of you hate me.

Back