Do you know your stroke?

What kind of putting stroke do you have?

• Straight - face balanced

• Slight arc - slight toe hang, near minimum toe flow

• Strong arc - advanced toe hang, maximum toe flow

Results are only viewable after voting.

TCB2010

How good do the HMB’s look?!
Reaction score
I try and use the straight back straight through putting style but with the wrong putter.... I should be using a face balanced putter.

A4061010-79FA-4C07-998B-E7DFC093B64E.jpeg7FF34623-AA65-4390-B566-6B7BC623F5AA.jpeg1F844749-3C3A-41CB-ADF0-7B2AC5E3425E.jpeg

I like very little toe hang.

Slight arc, a little toe hang works well for me according to my fitting.

As close to sbst as you can get, has to be face balanced.

Everyone putts on some sort of arc and no one is truly SBST. My fitting with Club Champion opened my eyes to this.

I putt on a slight arc and a putter with minimal toe hang works best for me.

Can go between slight arc and face-balanced. If putting well, slight arc blade style, and mallet for putting triage.
But have putters of all toe flows in the little collection for variety. (y)

Ischemic. Left side. :rolleyes: (n)
#survival. :cool:

Straight as I can make it

Slight toe hang. Odyssey 7S for me.

SBST (or as near as one can be to it) for me. Face balanced putters work better for me.

I’m basing my slight toe hang assumption on the fact that I had a slight case of the rights with my old face balanced putter and nothing else. Went from an Odyssey 2-Ball CS to an Odyssey TT Ten S. Seems to be working well so far.

I have been improving my putting stroke as of late. Always was a blade guy with medium toe hang. Right now I've been messing with face balanced putters and they are working SO well for me (TM Spider X & Swag Savage Too)

The arc and hang in the poll were kind of all or nothing, so I chose max. I'm more moderate-max on toe/flow and slight arc with the stroke though. I like longer blades in the 45-60* range.

There's probably some arc in my stroke...

Slight arc with medium toe flow/hang.

That may change (the toe hang, not my stroke:)) once I've gotten onto the Quintec machine at my local fitter.....

Strong arc with moderate toe hang for me.

For the most part face balanced, like one with a slight arc sometimes.

I picked "Straight - face balanced", but I tend to use the figure 8 when I get tired.

I don't know. My putting stroke is wildly inconsistent. Sometimes I do the perfect straight back straight thru. Sometimes I hit the toe. Sometimes I hit the heel. Sometimes I decelerate. Sometimes I have a hitch on the takeaway. Sometimes I bring it back above my ankle causing less roll on the follow thru. etc.

SBST is a bit of a misnomer. Every putter stroke is on an arc, its a question of how shallow your arc is which is usually an indication of how upright you are AND a function of if your face stays square to your putter path. For me, I am very over the ball and try to keep my eye line directly above it which makes the low arc angle putting stroke easier.

Slight Arc, Medium toe hang. I love the 45° toe hang. Weight tends to vary between 330g and 350g.

slight arc on backswing, pretty straight on follow through. I know my new Topflite putter has improved my putting 30%

I just hide the red dot and try not to think too much.

Back