• Yes

Votes: 74 57.4%
  • No

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • Only put on a putting alignment

Votes: 13 10.1%

• Total voters
I'm with all the other blue dot people.

Same, unless somebody in my group is playing the exact same ball. Wouldn't have to worry about that with @OldandStiff, but would with some others
I'd like to point out that it wouldn't be a problem because *I* am the one not playing a weird ball.

Same, unless somebody in my group is playing the exact same ball. Wouldn't have to worry about that with @OldandStiff, but would with some others
One of the guys I play with all the time plays a mix of found balls, so you never know from one hole to the next what ball he’s playing. He probably has close to a dozen different balls in his bag.

I generally do mark mine. Just makes it easier when my ball ends up in the wrong fairway.

I mark my golf balls before putting them in the bag. Only ones that aren't marked are personalized from when I came across free deals for brands to do so. I also keep a Sharpie in my bag but I have no idea when I needed to use it last.

I mark mine with 3 blue dots to the left of the number

One of the guys I play with all the time plays a mix of found balls, so you never know from one hole to the next what ball he’s playing. He probably has close to a dozen different balls in his bag.

Give that man a sharpie!

My girlfriend bought me a ball stamper a couple years ago. Like an ink stamp style one. Any balls I game get that stamp “JR” before they go in my bag. Guess what I’m saying is pre-mark your balls before you hit the course. Then you don’t have to scramble if you suddenly have to play a new one. I personally put 3 in the ball holder in my cart and rotate them throughout the round.

I draw a Diamond with S in the middle in perm marker. Everyone thinks it’s super man 😂

I don't mark my golf ball. Generally because I'm playing casual rounds and who I'm playing with isn't using the same golf ball as me. If it was ever the same I'd eitherarl the golf ball or hopefully have a different # to identify

Depends. Currently playing the LSX truvis so I don't need to. But if I'm just playing a normal ball I usually do three red dots around the number. Not really for alignment though, just to help identify it.

I actually find marking balls oddly therapeutic especially a fresh sleeve. So with that, yes I mark and draw a line.

Sharpie line on the ball for putting to see if I am hitting putts square. If making a good putting stroke the line appears to be straight, end over end as the ball rolls. Hit it with poor stroke and the ball wobbles. Helped me a lot in working on a better putting stroke.

Turn the ball to the other side when teeing off so I don’t see the line.

We had 3(!) cases of the wrong ball being played last night.
On one hole, with a blind tee shot, my opponent played my ball, and I played his. Neither of us was careful to make sure we were playing our own balls. Mine was marked, his wasn't. It took me two shots after that to figure out I was playing the wrong ball.

Two holes later, his partner had trouble finding his ball, found one in the rough, with grass clippings over it. He thought it was his, and it turned out not to be it!

I use a TinCup Stencil with a Sea Turtle. Sometimes I'll combo the colors.
In a pinch I do 3 blue dots around the ball logo.
I was taught to always put an identifying mark on you ball, ever since I was a kid.

Not many people play Snells by me so it's really just to help on provisionals. I do one with a black dot right of the number, the second with a black dot on the number, and the last with a black dot on each side of the number everytime I open a new sleeve. Then they're just in my bag pocket marked until I lose them all and start over

just alignment line.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

I always put a colored dot on my ball. Just one dimple worth usually by the number. Been doing it since high school as an identifier lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mark mine with a little "Z" above the number, which usually ends up looking like a 2 :rolleyes:

When I remember to do it, I color in the B on my Bridgestone. Otherwise, I put a blue or green stripe on for alignment.

I use a Sharpie to write a B next to the numbers. Doesn't take long, but it's easier to distinguish my ball.

Give that man a sharpie!
He used to mark his balls, but quit doing it for whatever reason. He almost cost me two strokes a few rounds ago. I pulled up to a ball that was right around the area where he and I had both hit to, verified that it was a Bridgestone, and got lazy about checking for my mark since it was a Bridgestone and I knew he had been hitting a Titleist. There was another ball 10-15 yards away, but I figured that was him. Right as I got ready to hit he said "I think that's my ball". I said "No, this is a Bridgestone", and he said "I'm playing a Bridgestone, I switched last hole". I double checked it - yep, didn't have my mark on it. Went over to the other ball and it was mine. Lesson learned (again!) - I make sure the identifying marks on my balls are fresh and clearly visible, and I never take for granted that somebody (especially him!) is playing a different ball.

I put a bold red sharpie line through the ”Callaway” on my balls…….someone still manages to hit my ball occasionally.

Back