Do you play a 3W?

If so which one? Off the tee or deck only or both?
Depends on the time of year, usually. During the summer, my Mizuno ST-190 5-wood is the only fairway wood I carry as it provides plenty of distance on the course I primarily play. In the winter, I typically put it's 3-wood mate back in my bag. Right now, I'm hitting my 5-wood basically as far as I do the 3-wood.

OH yeah - love my TM M6!

PARADYM 3W has been awesome for me. love it.

Off and on as it's the least hit club in my bag by far. I find little to no advantage with 3W over driver off the tee, so it's primarily an off the deck club for longer shots in. Have a Paradym 3W but it's sitting right now while I've got the 17˚ UW in the bag. I might be giving up a small amount of distance but the UW has been easier to hit off the deck for me so far.

Noticed a couple others at 16.5 degrees - this is what I play in the TSR2. Not a heavily used club for me. Mostly a shorter choice off the tee when warranted.

I plan sort of a 3 wood either off the deck or tee. I say sort of because it is a 16.5 SMT four wood built to 3 wood length. I haven't found anything I like better.

@Kmench destroys 3w at the ECPC haha what a bomber

3 wood is an important part of my bag and crucial to scoring well on the courses that I play most frequently. I hit mine off both the tee and the deck. Currently, I am planning to play the newly released Mizuno ST G Titanium, set at 14*.

Mizuno ST190. Tee and deck.

Cobra Big Tour in one bag.

16.5⁰ in my main bag. Titleist doesn't call it a 3 wood, but Callaway calls their 16.5⁰ Paradym a 3 wood.

Tee primarily but also from the fairway on occasion. Callaway Epic Flash

I have a Cobra Ltdx 3 wood in the bag. I use it off the tee mostly. If I need to hit off the deck I usually pull out the 5 wood.

I never did until the end of this past season. I got both the Ping G430 3w and 5w. They might be easier to hit off of the deck than off of the tee as I already put sky marks on both lol

If so which one? Off the tee or deck only or both?
Epic Flash 3 wood turned up to 16° with Prject X Evenflo shaft

Love this club off the tee of off the deck. Fits me and works great!

Im still looking for one long off the deck but also good off the tee.

Yes I do, and I play both off the deck and off a tee.

I currently have a Paradym 3w HL (16.5). Have played from both turf and tee. I haven't had it long, and our season is more or less over, but I liked it from the very first swing.

Back