Do you play the "same" stiffness...

?

• Yes, all roughly the same.

Votes: 35 67.3%
  • No, driver more stiff.

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • No, driver and other woods more stiff.

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • No, some other combo.

Votes: 10 19.2%

• Total voters

baylrballa

2024 WWGC Food and Drink Champion
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
>10
From driver down through irons (not counting wedges)?

Last edited:
Im mostly extra stuff through the bag except for the wedges and driver. Both are stiff or stiff+ as recommended by my fitter at the ECPC

I go stiff from driver - LW.

Driver and 3W are 6.0
Utility is Recoil 95 F4
Irons are x-flex
Wedges are DG S400

Interesting already a few have less stiff drivers.

I've played stiff everywhere forever but moved to a 6.5 driver recently that seemed to help.

Regular flex all the way thru the bag. Driver shaft plays a bit stiffer than reg flex but is fine.

I'm regular in everything bar the wedges

Driver and 3W - Regular Aldila Rogue
Hybrid - Regular Project X evenflow Blue
4-PW - Project X 5.0 Flighted
GW,SW and LW - Wedge Shaft

Driver and woods are XS. Irons are S. Wedges are either S or specific wedge flex.

I soft step my shafts throughout my iron set while still using heavier shafts.

I have always done physical work during my life, so I always liked heavier swing weights & overall weight, but not the stiffness. There was nothing worse than getting to the course and having my clubs feel like there was nothing in my hands when I gripped them.

I just experimented with the KBS Tour 90 (S) shafts and found they weren't for me just yet because they are too light overall. The Titleist 970 shafts as well. They might perfect for me in a few years, but I put the set of soft stepped DG S300's back in my current 4-PW.

To me, the driver is a different club, different swing, and a different playing attitude. I like any shaft where I can feel it loading a tiny bit. Graphite shaft manufacturers are all over the map with their stiffness and torque claims............. So I go with what just feels good to me. I still use the Taylormade M.A.S. 2 (S) 60G driver shaft. I grip the driver very lightly in my fingers and sling the head through the ball unlike my iron swings. The MAS2 60G is considered junk by many players, but it works very well for me.

My Titleist Vokey SW has a regular shaft that someone put in it before I owned it. But it feels so good, I'm not messing with it.

When it comes right down to it, I'm a mixed bag when it comes to flex. Feel is my thing.

Same all the way through

I like consistency, so I play stiff all the way through. With that being said, I have never had a proper driver fitting.

XStiff in my driver and fairway woods/hybrids. Stiff but heavy in my irons/wedges.

Driver is regular flex, woods and irons are stiff.

Driver - X
3W -S
Hybrid through P - x
Wedges - S

I think all of my clubs have a very similar swing weight also. They all feel the same.

Driver and fairway woods are Regular, Hybrid and Irons through AW are Senior flex. I replaced 52/56/60 wedges that had Senior flex graphite shafts with 54° and 58° wedges in steel that are Stiff. For whatever reason, chips, pitches and even full shots with the steel-shafted wedges are of better quality.

I was actually fit for Senior flex in the woods at ECPC during #TheGrandaddy but they didn't have them in stock at the time so they built them with R shafts. They were supposed to eventually swap the shafts out but never did. I've managed to get along with the R. I don't really know what the lighter flex would do for me in those clubs.

I just tried Stiff flex in my woods and have already gone back to X flex in the Driver and just ordered one for the 3 wood. Just seemed to work better for me, not longer or shorter that I can tell just more accurate.
The irons I have tried X in recoils and they were OK but were lacking any feel and did not last, presently it is regular flex iron shafts that play very stiff to me more Stiff than reg.
I like to play around trying to find the perfect fit but with no LM it is just a game of hit or miss to me. The fact no two Companies flex are the same same or in some cases even close makes it that much more of a challenge.

So I have a light stiff driver, same in 3 wood then just been fitted for extra stiff PX 6.5s in my irons, wedges have S200s in!

Yup. But, as we know, there’s no standard between companies so I know it varies, typically though I fit into the X spectrum of most.

Regular to light flex through the bag.

Currently yes all are in the stuff flex.

Yes stiff shafts all the way through the bag.

Back