Do you root against your local sports team?

baylrballa

2024 WWGC Food and Drink Champion
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
>10
Be it college or professional?

I used to but not anymore. I only concern myself with how my team(s) are doing these days.

Nope

Not possible - no local teams right now. 😢

I did against the Oilers back in the day. When I went to college I rooted against Flyers and Eagles. When I moved to MA I rooted against Red Sox, Bruins, and Pat's. I haven't rooted against PHX teams yet. Lol

Rooting HARD against the Ryan Pace and Matt Nagy dumpster fire for the Chicago Bears right now. Just awful. Also rooting for the family to sell the team.... Because they continue to run the team with an accountant as the operations guy and absolutely no idea what they're doing from the top down.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

No, I may root against a particular player due to fantasy sports, but never going to root totally against my team.

no. Why would i do that?

No need too at the moment. However, if I relocate at some point in the future I could see it happening.

Sometimes, yes. I'm a Packer fan and don't really care for the Seahawks, though I live less than an hour from Seattle.

I used to root against the Denver Broncos every game, but since my wife & daughter are Bronco fans now I just keep my mouth shut when they play.

Well, I’m an ardent anti Ohio State guy, even though they are in Columbus.

Technically I’m sort of in Steeler county right now, so heck yea I cheer against my local team.

As a Columbus resident, I will say yes to college football. No to all other local sports.

When I lived in Ohio I certainly did!

Well, I’m an ardent anti Ohio State guy, even though they are in Columbus.

You are dead to me. You take away the “anti” in your statement and I’ll have my lawyer discuss an agreement. 😂

I root against the Cowgirls all the time. I may live in Texas, but I am no fan of that team. Always get a kick out of the band wagoners that come out of the woodwork when they start to win a few games.

I am a Cowboy fan in Packerland. I harbor a great dislike for anything Packers and root strongly against them. I cannot wait for the Aaron Rodgers era to end in GB so a good portion of their fanbase can experience for the first time what it is like to not have a HOF caliber quarterback, after 30 years they deserve to suffer thru a few decades of Quincy Carters and Chad Huthinsons.

I don't root against the Seahawks, but I've always slightly favored the 49er's. Seattle is more fun when the Seahawks are winning though.

I'm sure there are a lot of clueless fans in every fan base but the "12's" happen to be the ones around me :oops:

I don’t root against the home team. I will probably always root for the home team unless Chip and Joanna build me a house.

I live in the Charlotte area.... but, I’m not a Panther fan. And, I am NOT a Cam Newton fan. I’ve said before... there is not enough mustard in the world to go on that hot dog. Anyway... I was around for 40 years before the Panthers, so I already had alegiences to other teams. I won 2 Panther tickets by winning a “closest to the hole” contest at a tournament.... but, I sold ‘em. Didn’t care to go.

if we are talking about footy at professional level , we don’t have local teams as in l per city , we had a VFL that had 12 teams and that expanded to AFL 18 teams minimum most of those are Victorian based many in Melbourne region , so it not like your version . It very tribal in support of teams , lve never barracked against my team and never will .

As for other sports or footy at suburban nature , no never will , have affiliation with local team I was in a group who initiated junior teams we now have 15 junior teams playing varnish age groups , was lucky enough to be given life membership many years ago .so no .

Back