Do You Start Hot?

I think I’m an equal opportunity hacker. Can just as easily double the 1st as the last.

If I par the first hole, I'm pretty happy. If I birdie it, I figure I'm doomed. I usually take seven or eight holes to loosen up.

I seem to never start hot... I which I could bring the pre round range session to 1st several holes...

I'm a little slow to get going, usually from 100 yards in.

I typically do really well on hole 1, then struggle from about 2-5 before settling in for the round. I've tried to be better about hitting some warm up balls at the range before heading out and it's helped a little, but I still seem to have that lull.

I almost never start hot, but #1 at my home course is a pretty tough hole.

My "hotness" in a round looks a lot like a semi-flattened sine wave.
I will start out pretty "warm", only to "cool off" for a couple and then back to warmer, etc...

Id say 80% of the time my back 9 is better than my front 9. First hole at my course is pretty straight forward and only an iron off the tee, yet I've only birdied it once.

I start out okay. I get a little better in the middle, but this season, I've faded the last 3-4 holes. My stamina has yet to return completely after my car accident and broken ribs!

My first hole is almost always brings out one of my worst hooks of the day. This past weekend though, I smashed my first shot 279 yards straight as an arrow. I still ended up with a bogey on the par 4 hole. :LOL:

My recent pattern stayed true today. Start well, lose it for a while, come on at the end. Really need to work on the mental prep and in-round focus to improve that.

Nope. It normally takes me a hole or 2 to get it going.

I'll start well more often than finish well that's for sure

Well, I don't start hot as in firing on all cylinders.

I go from the parking lot to the first tee and for the first few holes, I'm warming up and working the arthritis aches out of my fingers.

That said, I rarely play the first hole poorly as I'm swinging very conservatively.

Maybe I should try that for an entire round. ?‍♂️

Back