Do you talk to your golf ball?

Do you talk to your balls?

sounds personal
I was very careful and reread the post multiple times to ensure there was always a golf in front of balls to prevent any confusion :LOL:

I was very careful and reread the post multiple times to ensure there was always a golf in front of balls to prevent any confusion :LOL:

Yes, that would be a very different conversation. 😅

Of course! I will also give a "bad" ball a time out.

all the time but he doesn't listen much

funny story: we were in a 2 man better ball tourney and usually the other teams are good guys from the area. unfortunately my dad and I get paired up some just a total, fill in the blank, player. my dad bought us matching shirts which i thought was funny, he did not. so the first hole and he shanks it and starts grumbling. by the 3rd hole he was pissed and his poor partner was trying to give him his space. we were on the green on the 3rd hole and it was a nice left to right turn, as he hits its ball i start to say get right and he just lips it. after he putts his ball in, he says to me "don't talk to my ball" and storms off. i laughed pretty loud and that was that the rest of the round he didn't talk to me, my dad or his partner.

All the time...whether or not the ball listens is another story.

"Go, go, go.."
"Sit, SIT!"

I yell, scream and cuss while its in the air if that counts.

We are not on speaking terms.

Of course - that's the only way it knows where to go! But it doesn't listen - like my kids!

Every once in awhile I will try giving my ball the simple instructions sit, go, draw, fade, get in the hole things like that. The ball only listens some of the time.

Of course I do, but mine usually just laughs at me & says hold my beer.

I sure do but not sure if it is hearing impaired like the owner or like my kids were in preteens - selective hearing. When heading off to water I keep telling it "you can't swim" tp no avail. Once in a great while it will listen when heading OB I tell to "get back here" and it will come bouncing back to fairway. be better if it had a steering wheel on it.:D

Day after Thanksgiving my normal partner could go so I went out to course to see if I could get worked with another group. I got put in a three some and decide to play 2 man best ball. All 3 were fairly quiet compared to me and chucking some as I was explaining to the ball what it was supposed to do while in flight. We get to hole #11 a short par 3 and tee shot starts to go left, I yell at it and balls hits a high bank bounces down the bank to right and rolls on the green. I smile at them and say "see just have to let it know what is expected". Next hole is another short par 3 again hit it left heading into trees. I yell "not the trees again" ball hits a tree limb and deflects right on to the green again. They all just shake their heads but after that I start to hear a few works of encouragement them now and then.

Always. Even more when playing with someone who doesn’t like it :ROFLMAO:

Lol, this is the correct answer. I always say the best part of my game is my bitching. Mostly when the ball is airborne about good shots that aren’t perfect. Ben Hogan once said he had a nightmare about golf. I paraphrase but he said he made 17 aces and then lipped out on the last hole and was mad as hell. :LOL:

Yes, but

Yes, but i don't care for it when others talk to it...it gets confused

I’ve played with someone who gets angry if anyone talks to his ball.

If you don't, there's something wrong with you. :LOL:

I have been advised not to talk about those conversations, or the fact that after a bad hole on a pond I might drown said ball for insolence. But that never happened....sigh, it's happened a lot. It's cheaper than drowning the offending club.

Duh, we're homies...until we're not lol

I sure do. The little bugger is kind of like my kids, it only listens about 1 out of 5 times I ask it to do something.

Definitely! I know it listens better than my kids!

I'll talk to it. When it starts to talk back that's when I'll quit. Don't like it when others talk to my ball though.

All the time

Back