Do you track your stats?

I keep scores (gross, ESC, net), putts, FIR, GIR, # of eagles (lol), birdies, pars, bogeys, doubles, others on an Excel sheet. I look at up and downs afterwards, but don't track them like someone else suggested.

I also have Game Golf which I try to remember to use.

I used Game Golf in 2015 and 2016. I didn't use it at all last year but I think I will be getting back into using it this year after joining a new course. It is not the "Live" version so I have to upload my rounds via the computer before the stats are accumulated and before I can review the round.

I used Game Golf in 2015 and 2016. I didn't use it at all last year but I think I will be getting back into using it this year after joining a new course. It is not the "Live" version so I have to upload my rounds via the computer before the stats are accumulated and before I can review the round.
I use the classic too and its a bit annoying having to wait to upload rounds, a friend has the live version and he does it straight after the round on his phone which I would prefer as I don't really use my laptop that much but I do really like the device and if I was to update I'd go for the pro version coming out soon rather than across

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Yep. I use the golf logix app on my iPhone. I started using it for the free GPS, but then paid for the app & started keeping the stats as well.

Indeed I do, on my scorecard, I mark fairways long, short, right, left or hit, # putts, and sand then add that data to Grint which works out the stats. It points me to my areas to work on (second shot and GIR my weakest part of the game), if I could double my my GIR I could potentially take about 4/5 strokes off my score and reduce my average score below 80.

I most always track my FIRs and GIRs during my rounds but I don't log them anywhere, though I should.

I've always tracked my GIR, FIR and putts. I've been really curious to use something like Arccos/Cobra Connect, but I don't carry my phone with me (usually turn it off in my bag) when I am playing. I think that it would be a distraction.

I track everything game golf gives in addition to proximity to pin broken down by distance and rough/fairway. This year adding distance from center of fairway.

I use Shot Scope and love it and how it has improved my game

I’ve used The Grint primarily over the last 3 years and it gives a very good picture of what your weak areas are. I used Arccos for about 6 months, and I found the distances to be the most useful. Let’s just say the system is humbling! I’m all in The Grint now as it gives me all the info I need.

If you keep your handicap via GHIN.COM, they have a free app that you can track many stats including FUR, GiR, putts, putts per GIR, penalties, to name a few. They have some nice reports incluidjjng comparing your stats to others in your handicap range, averages for specific courses you've played and even individual hole statistics.

DataDude, fairways hit doesn't mean much as it is. There is a par 5 on a local course that has a 70-degree dogleg about 250 yards out. Then the green is tucked right. So the play is to crank it into the 'rough' long of the dogleg. The rough isn't much and it gives you a line to the green that you wouldn't otherwise have. Lots of holes have a really penal condition on one side and what is essentially a bailout option on the other side. So if you are off on the penal side you're dead. On the other side, you are fine.

No, but I should. I'm too lazy to do it manually so something like Arccos would do it for me. Maybe 18Birdies. Who knows.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I do track my stats, I share with my instructor and it helps me get better.

I use SwingbySwing app, which is great. I have 75 rounds on it. I can view the year-over-year stats, or the specific round stats. Round stats include comparison of the year's average as well of: scoring average, Putts, GIR, FIR, Scrambling, Sand saves, Penalties. It's enjoyable to browse through the site and see how I've improved or where I need to work on. I like that I can include my club yardages as well so when I'm using the app on the course, it makes recommendations on which club to use.

With a lot of good conversation about the Cobra Connect system it made me realize that I really don't track anything other than score and have no idea where I'm losing the most strokes. Do any of you track stats during your rounds?

During the round, I will keep track of Fairways hit, and if I missed left, right, short or through. Also putts and if I was OB or in the sand or whatever.

But I don't do anything with it after the round.

Back