Does anyone have a suggestion that what club I should add to my bag?

You need 5 more clubs? My advice:
1) Get clubs that you are comfortable hitting and that reach distances that you currently have a hard time hitting to. Do you ever notice "210 yards? I don't know what to hit here" or "90 yards? Dang. I guess I'll have to swing a really soft G here". Find clubs that can get those for you easier.

2) Don't worry if your clubs don't match brands or sets, but pay attention to their lofts so you can try to avoid some overlap.

3) Personally, I'd go for adjustable woods and hybrids. The correct distance gapping may not be there when you get it, but once you're comfortable with the distances your getting you might be able to tweak it to get it to where you're looking.

My votes, without knowing you or your game:
3W
5W
5H
4H
52* wedge - Look up the specs of your G wedge, if it's around 48* I'd recommend getting something between 48 and your 56.

Personally.... I would go with a 5 wood ( I think you will find it easier to hit than a 3w). And then I would look at hybrids to go with the rest of the irons you have.

Personally, I’d go 3W, 3h, 4i or h, 5i, and 6i. But that’s just me and how my bag is set up. Oh, and uh, don’t lose ‘em!

Callaway Heavenwood May be a perfect club for you

5 wood or 7 wood. Trust the wood!

I’ll throw in another vote for 5W. There are pros who admit hitting 3W off the deck is dicey so what chance does the average weekend hacker have? A 5W will give the typical amateur a better outcome in virtually all cases. I’d also vote for a 50 degree low bounce specialty wedge, like a Vokey or MG3, assuming your current gap wedge matches your iron set. There’s a lot of personal preference in there but IMO you can do just about anything you have business doing with a 50 and some practice, and the precision far exceeds a set wedge. I use mine on everything from 100 yard full shots to flop shots to even getting out of short sided bunkers. It’s like the Swiss army knife of golf clubs.

Back