Does Color Influence You?

Not really, assuming the color is in the meaty portion of the bell curve. If it was red - my least favorite color - I almost certainly would not play it

I think color is a factor in what I think about a club, but it’s not a decisive factor in choosing if I would play the club…

exactly. it is just a first impression. Some times it pulls you right in, other times you kinda go "I am not sure about this" but then other factors can over ride it.

Any color is fine for the driver as long as it's black. :) Borrowing a Henry Ford line.

Color does matter. I didn't like the Mavrik orange for some reason. Glad I got over it because the FW and hybrid exceeds expectations.

Color probably influences me not to buy more than it does to buy something. If something is ugly, I won't even bother to hit it to see if I like it. I love what Cobra is doing by offering their driver, woods, and hybrids in multiple colorways. I think that's genius.

Club heads come in all shapes and sizes, but one of the things people talk most about are the aesthetics of each club. How much of a role does the color choice(s) influence your thoughts on a club?
I got fitted for the Callaway Epic Speed but absolutely do not like lime green coloring. Or any bright, in your face coloring for that matter so I actually passed on it and got the STG 220 instead.

Look good, play good doesn't apply to me but I want to enjoy what I'm looking down at even if I suck.

Yes it does. In a big way

Definitely yes as far as a driver and fairway woods. It's psychological for me.

This is interesting because this is one of the clubs I thought about when I read the op. I couldn't play the TM Burner because of the color.

I hit that club really well for several years. I wore out the gold color on the face.

I really don’t like white headed drivers...

Yes for sure.

My Cobra woods have yellow trim which i dont like but they fly like the devil.

Of course it creates part of my first impression of a club. Beyond that, it won't influence my buying decision unless it's just so hideous that I couldn't stand to look at it. And on the flip side, it wouldn't make me buy a club/set that I didn't otherwise like/hit well.

I have never owned anything but a black crowned driver or FW. Those were either glossy or flat. If the driver was a bright color i would have to really think about it.

I have never owned anything but a black crowned driver or FW. Those were either glossy or flat. If the driver was a bright color i would have to really think about it.
I owned a TaylorMade R11 driver, it had a white crown. Took some getting used to.

Yep. Hate any colour, apart from black, on my irons. I think it looks cheap and nasty.

I owned a TaylorMade R11 driver, it had a white crown. Took some getting used to.

I think that is the driver a friend of mine has. It is ear piercing lol. I told him there are newer drivers out that sound good :ROFLMAO:

I think that is the driver a friend of mine has. It is ear piercing lol. I told him there are newer drivers out that sound good :ROFLMAO:
White and ear piercingly loud - yep, that sounds like it's an R11 all right! :LOL:

Absolutely - irons I prefer a matte color and not super shiny.

Woods - something that helps frame the ball - either a 2-tone or black or all white. Dont mind if it is glossy or not

Putters - has to be black with a solid sight line - for some reason I cant get behind a silver/gray colored putter....

As an owner of Mavrik Driver and 4w I would say it can influence my decision but, performance is the final decision maker.
I also don't want to play the same clubs as everyone else and in my group most everyone has Ping so Ping was out of the question from the start.

On the sole it's not as much of an influence as it used to be. On the crown though it could be a deal breaker. I have to like what I'm looking down at, especially when I'm spending so much money on a product.

It matters a lot. I've got to spend a lot of time looking at them.

The reason I got a Titleist driver and wood over the Taylormade was because looking down at the two tone color bugged me

I'm in the real minority here but color plays very little role in my club purchases. It would have to be a seriously ugly color for me to not play a club if it was the best fit for my game. I'm not saying I don't prefer certain colors or finishes, they just don't drive my purchases.

Back