Does it really matter to you what they wear/play

Everyone always says no. But I say yes. It does influence me. I do go look at things because I see them somewhere.

No, I never notice. I only notice, mostly wrt clubs, when players play something out of contract. What they're paid to play, wear, endorse? Never registers with me.

If some clothing or shoes look nice, I may look into it/them. But that'd be no different than if that were observed on a random at the local muni or a Tour pro.

No, I never notice. I only notice, mostly wrt clubs, when players play something out of contract. What they're paid to play, wear, endorse? Never registers with me.

If some clothing or shoes look nice, I may look into it/them. But that'd be no different than if that were observed on a random at the local muni or a Tour pro.
Exactly. I've bought a couple shirts after seeing them on Tour but it was because I liked the shirt, not because of who was wearing it. I would've bought the same shirt if I saw it on THP, or even on some hack at my local course.

100% don’t care what anyone else wears or uses. As long as what I wear/use looks good and fits well I’m good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not one bit.

I like to see what they are wearing but these days after 10-15 years of splurge buying, I have enough polos, shorts, etc. to last me my lifetime and my wife reminds me of this, a lot.

As a result, it really doesn’t influence my buying because if I do buy anything these days, it has to be heavily discounted so nothing from current lineup for sure is within my scope.

I got my own style. I don’t care what they wear with one exception. I hope the Puma guys keep enjoying P hats because I enjoy P hats.

Yes it matters, and no it doesn’t influence what brand I buy.

It matters in that the pros are representatives for our sport. How they dress, how they take care of themselves and how they act all set a tone for how the sport is perceived.

As for influencing my buying habits on brands of equipment and affairs, what looks good one one person doesn’t necessarily translate to another. As for equipment I recognize the game they play and I play are quite different.

If they are comfortable I will wear them. Don't care about brand. Must be water resistant at minimum though.

Exactly. I've bought a couple shirts after seeing them on Tour but it was because I liked the shirt, not because of who was wearing it. I would've bought the same shirt if I saw it on THP, or even on some hack at my local course.

This.

Plus, I am a sucker for new clothes, even though I don't need any.

Today as I was walking through our pro shop, I happened to see some of the new shirts we had just gotten in.

One caught my eye.

I couldn't stop thinking about it.

After going to my locker and getting my shoes, I returned to the pro shop to look at it again.

I bought it. 😁

I told the pro I would have to sneak the shirt into my house and past Mrs. DGA3, as she already knows I have more than enough golf clothing, and definitely do not need another shirt. 😂

I can’t swing like them and I’m certainly not built like any of them,
So their clubs and attire matter not one iota.

It won’t influence me to purchase but I may look at something I wouldn’t have seen before.

For sure. I can’t play like the pros if I don’t look like the pros.

you guys influence me far more

I have a regular foot on the narrow side of regular and someone recommended PUMA. I tried a pair and they fit me better then FJ I'd been wearing so that started it. Now, I just read about the new models of PUMA and give them a try

Not at all

Doesn’t matter to me, a forever Footjoy golfer here, always have loved the look, feel and durability!

Not at all with shoes or equipment. My foot is on the narrow side so I’m pretty limited on what fits and when I find one I like I’ll buy several pairs in different colors. Since 2001 I’ve mostly played Wilson Staff and Srixon irons so clearly I’m not into what’s popular with the PGA Tour pros or the general golfing public. :)

For clothing it does matter what the pros wear as that drives what’s available to the rest of us. I’m glad to see the trend over the last 20 years towards brighter colors/bolder styling.

I saw a hat worn by a Ping pro a few years ago, and ended up buying it. It was the "Aloha" version, with all the fish on it. Still wear it, and get compliments about it. Shirts too, as my wife will comment when she sees a pro on TV wearing a certain polo with a pattern on it. Have purchased 1-2 because of this. So, yeah, maybe I am influenced, but try not to get carried away. I have plenty of golf polos in my closet, to last me awhile...

Not one bit. I have my style and likes...they have theirs

I used to only buy FJ because I associated it with being the golf shoe, however after wearing them and not enjoying with my feet/ankles killing me for a while now I am switching to a pair of spikeless New Balance, hoping they are better but I've had good luck with their shoes for daily wear.

but I don't care much what the pros play/wear...but have golfed with guys who seem to make their buying decisions off of what they see them gaming.

Bulls**

I know that J.Lindeberg has some good clothing but none of it ends up in Viktor Hovland’s wardrobe

Back