Does my swing even deserve a better shaft

Lewshus

Reaction score
Handicap
golf
I'm wondering if my swing is even consistent enough to think about changing the shaft in the top end of my bag. My swing is all over the place. During any given round of golf I can slice, push slice, draw, pull hook, or hit the ball straight. Neither with much consistency. Would a shaft fitted to me even help?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Why not go in for a full driver fitting?

Or instead of paying to upgrade the shaft, buy a few lessons?

If your swing is that inconsistent, then nailing down what works and what doesn't and finding your natural shot shape is a really good idea, and a teaching pro can help you do that. I can say that just a couple of lessons really helped me out just by finding a more consistent swing, which in turn would lead to a better and closer fitting for the best club & shaft combination to get what you want from your driver.

lessons have been the best investment i've made in my game. Once your swing is more consistent maybe that would be a good time for a fitting. IMO

I'm wondering if my swing is even consistent enough to think about changing the shaft in the top end of my bag. My swing is all over the place. During any given round of golf I can slice, push slice, draw, pull hook, or hit the ball straight. Neither with much consistency. Would a shaft fitted to me even help?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

In short, no, it's probably not worth the shaft. As other have said, the money would be well spent on a couple of balls - the ones to watch you and tell you where to bring more consistency to your swing. Plus, the Fall is the best time IMO to work on your swing. You only have another 30 or 40 days of weather left so 3 to 4 months of swing work could get you ready for the Spring.

If your swing is that inconsistent, then nailing down what works and what doesn't and finding your natural shot shape is a really good idea, and a teaching pro can help you do that. I can say that just a couple of lessons really helped me out just by finding a more consistent swing, which in turn would lead to a better and closer fitting for the best club & shaft combination to get what you want from your driver.

Amen brotha

I have the same problem with consistency. In one round I can be all over the place. Lessons would probably help me a lot too.

lessons have been the best investment i've made in my game. Once your swing is more consistent maybe that would be a good time for a fitting. IMO

Me too, and it was as simple as working on a one pc. takeaway. There are 2 types of golfers, those that take lessons, and those that should take lessons.

Back