• Total voters

TJRyska

#LivingtheDream
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 7.5
F22F7820-43DE-40F0-9D39-594F711C5578.jpeg

Tiger had 34 wins and 9 majors after his first 6 years (I think those numbers are right)

This is Rahm's 6th year on tour and only has 6 wins. Just not enough wins to get to that level....can't see it!

Last edited:
Wow, that’s ambitious. Good on him for having that drive though.

He is a great golfer but his winning % is just not high enough. 1 major so far in 6 years during what I consider a time when he can devote more of his personal time to practice? With a second child on the way his practice time and commitment will drop and without being at his peak he can’t IMO win one every year for the next 18 years…. the odds are too low. If he gets to 5 majors I would be happy.

Tiger had 34 wins and 9 majors after his first 6 years (I think those numbers are right)

This is Rahm's 6th year on tour and only has 6 wins. Just not enough wins to get to that level....can't see it!
I agree, he's the best player right now, but not the best ever.

Listened to the whole podcast which that quote was taken from and it was more of a mentality quote rather than a goal quote. Absolutely love the drive he has to be #1 and stay there which means majors but 19 is a lot with the talent available in the rest of the field. Seems clickbaitish on GD part but the whole interview with Pat going off on Phil, then talking about Rahm was a great listen.

Having this approach will ensure that he reaches his full potential. It’s exactly the mindset a top sportsperson should have and I commend him for it.

But will he do it? Not a chance. It’s almost impossible.

If Tiger hit the scene now, he wouldn’t win the 15 majors he has again. Golf is a different sport now with insane strength in depth.

He won't even get within 10 majors nevermind 19!

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Lol sums it up. Zero chance.

Pipe dream for him obviously. He better turn the heat up…he has a long way to go.

Absolutely not. Dude is a great but does not have the same level of dominance that Jack and Tiger had.

I'll never bet against somebody who has the drive to be successful. So, I'm in his camp cheering him on towards 19.

I just won't put any money on it....

I'll never bet against somebody who has the drive to be successful. So, I'm in his camp cheering him on towards 19.

I just won't put any money on it....
Had to zoom in to see that last sentence 😂

This is absolutely the mentality that he should have and it will drive him to always play his best golf but the answer is no.

Not even close.

This is absolutely the mentality that he should have and it will drive him to always play his best golf but the answer is no.

Exactly.

I wouldn’t bet on it.

Love the attitude, but, no.

Love the attitude, but, no.
If he wants to sniff double digit major wins, he needs to bring this attitude to the course during tournaments. And do so in a more constructive and less destructive way than we’re used to.

Great golfer, but I don’t see him winning 19. Too many good players around him, but I love the drive he has to win.

It’s a tall task and too much talent around to let it happen. Tiger had talent and intimidation on his side and I don’t think there isn’t anyone who has that “aura” on the course

i'm confused.....why would he say "i'm playing until i pass tiger"? tiger is not going to pass jack, so is he ok with 15 majors or does he want 19?

Back