Does The Birdie Fest At The PGA Championship Bother You

It would have been nice to see some wind. But it does seem that the game is changing with the young guys who can hit 12+ fairways with 300+ yard drives all the time. Those driving areas were so narrow at Whistling Straits, but the guys up top just striped it down the gut most of the time.

It would seem if the wind had come up say 15-20 mph a couple of days, it would have been a different course. But I have to admire the guts it takes to swing full out to drive it 370+ to a small landing areas surrounded by bunkers and pretty serious rough. Day went out and took it, just a great 4 days of golf IMO.

I much preferred this to the joke of the U.S. Open this year, where luck played more of a part then skill or guts.

When I watch a major, I personally like to see it be a real challenge. The score at the PGA was a little bothersome. Grant it, I know that the PGA doesn't play at the same difficulty as the US Open but it seemed as if the pros were having there way Whistling Strait.

It would seem if the wind had come up say 15-20 mph a couple of days, it would have been a different course. But I have to admire the guts it takes to swing full out to drive it 370+ to a small landing areas surrounded by bunkers and pretty serious rough. Day went out and took it, just a great 4 days of golf IMO.

I much preferred this to the joke of the U.S. Open this year, where luck played more of a part then skill or guts.

Disagree entirely on the U.S. Open. It may have had bumpy greens but that leaderboard proves it was not luck which got it done

My luck comment was not as clear as I was thinking about it, more bad bounces were possible there and yes luck helped some and hurt others.

But yes it took skill to make it around that track and not lose your mind.

Back