Does the Nikon Coolshot ProII Stabilized have an audio alert

jpetermann

Reaction score
Handicap
Bought this unit a few weeks ago. Reading through the material and watching reviews made it sound like there is an audio "chirp" when flag is locked.
My unit did not do it. Sent it back and got a new one. No audio.
It is turned on in the menu. I have done a hard reset on it.

Maybe it just does not have it?
Anyone have this and have audio?

Mine does not have that. Lock on is clear and obvious as it throws the green circle around distance. I read thru the manual and see no mention of this and no toggle for Chirp or audio feedback. Personally I really like mine and and don't have a need for audio feedback and would find it an annoyance myself.

I don't have one, but their website says it emits a "pleasant audible confirmation".

Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 12.00.19 PM.png

For those who have it... how is it with shaky hands? Is the stabilization better than other range finders?

I don't have one, but their website says it emits a "pleasant audible confirmation".

View attachment 9247630
That's just crazy they put that on their website for some reason. I have the Pro II and used to have the original Pro. I'm sure I read every bit of marketing info out there before buying and never saw any mention of that. And it's not in the user manual, nor is it a function of either of the ones I've owned. Why would it start showing up on their ad copy? Weird.

That's just crazy they put that on their website for some reason. I have the Pro II and used to have the original Pro. I'm sure I read every bit of marketing info out there before buying and never saw any mention of that. And it's not in the user manual, nor is it a function of either of the ones I've owned. Why would it start showing up on their ad copy? Weird.
OK, I have to retract what I posted earlier. There IS in fact an audible locked-on beep function in the Coolshot Pro II Stabilized. It's a beep, not a shake, and if turned on it only beeps when the "First Target Priority" reading is happening (i.e. when you are lasering a foreground object with something else in the background).

To turn it on, power up the rangefinder, press and hold the MODE button and when the mode setting screen comes up press MODE twice. You can then use the POWER button to cycle through YES or NO for the beep. Then wait 8 seconds for the rangefinder to power off and the setting will be saved.

I could have sworn I read the user manual years ago but apparently not.

OK, I have to retract what I posted earlier. There IS in fact an audible locked-on beep function in the Coolshot Pro II Stabilized. It's a beep, not a shake, and if turned on it only beeps when the "First Target Priority" reading is happening (i.e. when you are lasering a foreground object with something else in the background).

To turn it on, power up the rangefinder, press and hold the MODE button and when the mode setting screen comes up press MODE twice. You can then use the POWER button to cycle through YES or NO for the beep. Then wait 8 seconds for the rangefinder to power off and the setting will be saved.

I could have sworn I read the user manual years ago but apparently not.
Interesting. But....as you said that only comes into play when Lock On comes on which is when multiple targets are present only. The big green circle is pretty obvious, and I see no need to have that on myself.

Also....yes absolutely is much more stable than other range finders. I don't shake much, but when winded after climbing a hill or end of round as I tire, it finds the target very quickly compared to some that aren't stabilized.

Also....yes absolutely is much more stable than other range finders. I don't shake much, but when winded after climbing a hill or end of round as I tire, it finds the target very quickly compared to some that aren't stabilized.
Getting ready to buying my first range finder and I appreciate your insight.

Back