Does your pro use a launch monitor?

P1-P7 is pretty common, I think it is used by the golfing machine/morad instructors. Chasing static positions in a moving swing seemed like maybe not the best way to me but at the same time it is a good way to break down video into still pieces ect.

I don't think you should always use launch monitors and I am sure you can take modern teaching like that too far.

But I will take technology over instructors who say aim the club face where you want to curve the ball and swing the club on the path where you want to start the ball. Hopefully by now no instructors still actually teach that but it wouldn't surprise me if some old man yelling at clouds and technology still do. If I was taking a lesson and the teacher said that I would probably just walk out right there.

Ggswingtips references positions with numbers.

My instructor uses the positions (or at least did with me) and he was the first instructor out of 4 that was able to get me to draw the ball consistently. Before that all I could hit was a weak fade/slice. He physically put me into the positions so that my brain could learn what right felt like. The positions aren't an end-all, be-all instruction technique but they can help a lot under the right circumstances or with a student that learns better using that style of instruction.

One Pro only uses it for certain things, basically teaches fundamentals without, but brings in Flightscope for detailing.

Other Pro uses it but only for himself. Never shows the student numbers. He tells them upfront that they will never see their numbers.

Yes my pro does use a LM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My pro doesn't use one and it's just fine with me. We go over all flight and how things feel.
The golf has been taught for quite a while without it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back