Donald driver retires

99srxman

@srxman STAY LEFT!!!!
Reaction score
Handicap
24ish
Donald Driver retires today on top one classy dude will miss him good luck..

Packers-Driver-retires.jpg

Yep. Quite a career. Very unique. Most #2 guys don't last with the same team their whole career. He led the team in yards only 4 seasons. Really good guy too.

Go Pack Go!

Great guy and my fiancee's favorite player. He will be missed.

Yep. Quite a career. Very unique. Most #2 guys don't last with the same team their whole career. He led the team in yards only 4 seasons. Really good guy too.

Go Pack Go!

An what's crazy is that he is the Packers all time leader in receiving yards. And I believe catches as well.

Finally he won't tear up the Bears secondary anymore! But for real, great guy, great receiver and sad to see a class act like him go.

He got me some solid fantasy points over the years. Great guy and a great career.

That guy defines consistency and class. What a great story, and great career.

True story. I once almost hit him with a car in a mall parking lot.

He was a little shaky when he entered the league but Favre trusted him and he turned into a great receiver.

Like everyone else said: great guy, great career and a class act all the way. Im going to miss Driver and I really respect that fact that he probably could have strung his career out a couple more years but wanted to retire as a Packer.
You can never replace a guy like Driver but the Packers have a lot of great, young offensive weapons and it will free up some cap space to shore up the defense and the running game.
As a Packer fan, Im very thankful that we had him and had him for so long. He's just another of the many reasons why the Green Bay Packers are the greatest franchise in the NFL and arguably, in all of sports.

Honestly I found it interesting that he would announce it on Mike and Mike on ESPN radio but then do something in person, I'll be curious to see what happens.

Honestly I found it interesting that he would announce it on Mike and Mike on ESPN radio but then do something in person, I'll be curious to see what happens.
I think it was more to announce his retirement party in Green Bay. He wanted to share it with the fans and doing it on Mike and Mike was the best way to get the word out.
The fact that the tickets to his retirement party were FREE and the Packers didnt try to cash in on their fans' love for Driver was pretty cool, IMO. A lot of other teams would have tried to cash in on something like this.

I think it was more to announce his retirement party in Green Bay. He wanted to share it with the fans and doing it on Mike and Mike was the best way to get the word out.
The fact that the tickets to his retirement party were FREE and the Packers didnt try to cash in on their fans' love for Driver was pretty cool, IMO. A lot of other teams would have tried to cash in on something like this.

Very cool they didn't charge. I'm sure they'll make enough off concessions and merchandise!

Siri speaks for me!

Back