Drink more water!

I’ve seen a lot of recommendations for x ounces per day. Any or none of them may or may not apply depending on your personal needs. A guy who works strenuous labor outdoors in a hot environment will need a lot more water than a guy who sits in a climate controlled cubicle all day, and a person who exercises and sweats a lot will need more than somebody who doesn’t, etc.

The most sensible recommendation I’ve seen is to drink enough liquids that your urine is light yellow to clear - and virtually any liquid counts toward that for hydration. Water, soda, milk, coffee, tea, soup, etc.

I'm just not a big fan of drinking water.... i do it but i certainly don't enjoy it.
My beverage of choice.... Ice. Cold. Milk. i can't even begin to guess how many thousands of gallons i've drank? drunk? in my lifetime. Over the years, i've weaned myself down to 1%, for the sake of cutting the fat, and that is as low as i can go. if i have to go to skim, i'll just give it up. dang if i don't love me a glass of milk...

I have a 24oz insulated cup that I make sure I drink at least 4 of them a day.

I'm just not a big fan of drinking water.... i do it but i certainly don't enjoy it.
My beverage of choice.... Ice. Cold. Milk. i can't even begin to guess how many thousands of gallons i've drank? drunk? in my lifetime. Over the years, i've weaned myself down to 1%, for the sake of cutting the fat, and that is as low as i can go. if i have to go to skim, i'll just give it up. dang if i don't love me a glass of milk...
Try Fairlife milk. I drink their nonfat and the consistency/thickness is way better even than most other brands’ 1%.

I absentmindedly drink whatever beverage is near me so I get more than enough water each day.

Can back fire if it’s liquor or wine in the glass

I do a decent job, but could always improve. I drink a fair amount of carbonated water, and that's helped increase my liquid consumption.

When I was working and driving all over kingdom come, I had no issue drinking at least 64 ounces per day. Since retiring, I have had to make it a point to make sure I drink enough in the non-summer months. Just last week I cut out a serving of Diet Mt. Dew from my daily routine and replaced it with water.

The majority of my water has been filtered through coffee grounds or charcoal depending on the time of the day. ;)

As was mentioned earlier, the color of your urine (clear is best) will let you know if your liquid intake is sufficient.

According to some medical studies, milk actually is the best at hydration. Water can basically go right through. But milk has to be processed by the body due to the milk solids.

Our bodies are fine tuned machines and the thirst mechanism is usually adequate to tell you when and how much to drink imo. (Careful on searing summer days or at altitude) My wife swears you should drink 3L a day, but that just causes a bunch of flushing. I agree with Parrot, though, if you are a male of a certain age, drinking early is important if you like uninterrupted sleep.

I love water. I just try to always be drinking/sipping it all day. After a workout I’ll usually just drink a full glass or two. If I’m working at my desk there is always a glass there.

I also enjoy water when it’s frozen and surrounded by Scotch. :sneaky:

I drink a bottle of water just before bed each evening.

I drink another bottle of water when I first get out of bed in the morning.

During the day I will drink 2-3 more bottles of water in addition to other beverages. Mostly diet juices. Maybe a beer or two sometimes.

If I am out and about doing something that day, I start my hydration process the day before.

While playing golf, or hiking I will snack on mixed nuts, and drink water/juices during my endeavor.

Back