Driving Range Etiquette

i should clarify that i don't mind at all that someone came to hit next to me. i don't mind that they were immature teenagers. i don't mind that they were talking. what bothers me is the negativity and frustration that the more experienced golfer showed toward the newbie. its so counterproductive. golf is hard enough without people making you feel more stupid than you already do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right on. Which is exactly why I would have just said something encouraging at some point. Maybe not try to give any pointers or try to help, but a simple, "Hey, you are doing better than my first time swinging a golf club." Little bits of positive reinforcement can mean a lot.

My son started golf last summer. His first lessons, he really sucked, but the instructor was so positive that he came away really inspired to keep trying.

Driving Range Etiquette

So I'm at the range in Kona and hitting balls. A young guy finished warming up and left behind about 20 balls. This old guy goes over and grabs the balls. I'm cool with that but then proceeds to put them in a shag bag. He saw me (I was the only other guy there) and rather than offer them to me he just leaves.
I couldn't believe it. Are people that cheap that this is justified? I was shaking my head. I always offer up my extra balls at the end of a session.

So I'm at the range in Kona and hitting balls. A young guy finished warming up and left behind about 20 balls. This old guy goes over and grabs the balls. I'm cool with that but then proceeds to put them in a shag bag. He saw me (I was the only other guy there) and rather than offer them to me he just leaves.
I couldn't believe it. Are people that cheap that this is justified? I was shaking my head. I always offer up my extra balls at the end of a session.

I always try to find some young kids grinding away and give them my extra balls. Last time I did this the kids mom just gave me the "God I'm going to be longer" look...it was well worth it

Back