Dude played 580 different golf courses in one year

Wow. 580 rounds at a single course is an impressive feat, but 580 playing all over is something else.

This was a fun follow through last year.

He was sponsored by a Finnish company that makes a scoring app for users and a tournament app for clubs focusing on social stuff. It's what I use for scoring and it integrates to WHS.

So there were a lot of updates and invites to play for members.

My body would certainly not take that amount of golf. It's an astonishing record.

That’s impressive! I’d be happy with 5.

Anthony Anderson Abc GIF by HULU

Now imagine you are either Barry Gibbons or Nolan Krentz. In 2022, Gibbons played 1,235 rounds (18 holes) and Krentz played 990 (1,980 9-hole rounds). Krentz played all his golf at a 9-hole course in Wisconsin. Gibbons lives in TX and most of his rounds were at his club in Austin.

Frankly, I think all these guys are crazy. At least Koenig is trying to make money off his playing. How Gibbons and Krentz can find any enjoyment out of playing the same holes over and over and over and over again is beyond me.

Now imagine you are either Barry Gibbons or Nolan Krentz. In 2022, Gibbons played 1,235 rounds (18 holes) and Krentz played 990 (1,980 9-hole rounds). Krentz played all his golf at a 9-hole course in Wisconsin. Gibbons lives in TX and most of his rounds were at his club in Austin.

Frankly, I think all these guys are crazy. At least Koenig is trying to make money off his playing. How Gibbons and Krentz can find any enjoyment out of playing the same holes over and over and over and over again is beyond me.

Agreed. I'd be more in the camp of 580 different than 1235 most all at same place. Candidly as I think about it. Been playing for 55 years. A decent guess is 5000 total rounds. Another guess is no one course more than 300 times. And I've been a member at a few. But even as a member I always enjoyed playing lots of places. One club I was a member at for 15 years. Never played it more than 20 times in a year. But always averaged 100 rounds.

Back