Dusk - Smart Sunglasses

I could see these having potential for me as a guy who generally doesn't wear sunglasses unless it's quite bright out. I see tons of people who wear sunglasses in conditions I wouldn't even consider (when the light is just starting to break over the horizon, or in dense fog)

There are lots of times where I feel like my regular pair is too dark for the shoulders of the day, but just right for the main part. So I have a second pair in the truck I switch to for the evening/overcast conditions. These could simplify that, although it would require adjustment via the app. Consider my curiosity spiked
My eyes seem to be most sensitive to the light coming or going over the horizon... a lot of people won't wear their sunglasses then, but I have to.

Some real Tony Stark stuff there. I like the concept, don't like the look. I also prefer the rose/brown tint in my sunglasses. Maybe as they grow they'll expand styles and colors.

Not a fan of the style, but I like the idea. I'll give them an iteration or two to perfect the look before considering them. I like the idea of having tint control and not needing head phones if I am out on the range or playing a solo round.

I don't know why but I like these. They are ridiculous looking but I like them.

1707315288787.png

I like walking with sunglasses but I feel like they mess with my depth perception when I'm swinging so I take them off when swinging and around the greens. So I end up not wearing them much during a round just out of not remembering. If the clear mode made the depth perception stuff go away I could be interested. I have a couple nice golf speakers but having music without bother others is a big perk. There's probably more situations I realize where having audio in that form factor would be nice, like at the grocery store or driving in the car when the family is sleeping. If the microphone is clear and the audio is truly for you only, these would make perfect blue light glasses for the office.

For those that mentioned it, it looks like they do have RX versions on their website.

First golf related question that popped in my head is are they USGA legal haha

Love the idea, especially since you can get them RX. My eyes are very light sensitive so I wear sunglasses most days. Definitely going to keep an eye on these.

Back