Dusk - Smart Sunglasses

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
When I saw these, I immediately thought of golf. The company makes two styles, one with built in audio and the other without. They also have a selection of styles for the aesthetics as well.
Dusk = With Audio built in
Dusk Lite = Just electrochromic glasses.

We had a pair arrive here for some testing by @GolferGal and they are pretty suite. Charge them up via the provided cable. Connect them to a quick mobile app and away you go.

Setup is simple. You can work with the app or without it generally speaking and the audio is pretty darn clear.
You can listen to music, use for calls, etc. We didn't know what to expect if they would be more toy than tech or more fashion than function, but coming out, I think there is a real benefit for golfers that wear sunglasses while playing.

The glasses are light weight and honestly come with a price of $199 or $299.

Dusk

That's pretty awesome, electronic photochromic lenses, didnt even know that tech was available!

Design is just ok. I guess I don't understand the purpose of the standard photochromic pair? If it gets dark just take them off

• Admin
Design is just ok. I guess I don't understand the purpose of the standard photochromic pair? If it gets dark just take them off
I think about it like reading the greens. I dont like having glasses on to do that. But on and off leads to me losing them or getting frustrated with them on my hat.

I think about it like reading the greens. I dont like having glasses on to do that. But on and off leads to me losing them or getting frustrated with them on my hat.
Hmmm maybe I guess but seems like a lot of work

that is actually a really neat idea. I got a pair of the Ray Ban Meta sunglasses for Christmas and have been taking videos of golf with them. It was extremely overcast the other day and I was wanting to not wear them but I wouldn't have been able to film the last 2 holes.

Interesting, I like the ability to choose the tint level and to change it as needed. I took a quick look and thought that like most glasses I would be out because of my need for prescription lenses for my distance vision but I do see they have an RX version which is pretty cool.

You don't like the Don Johnson/Miami Vice look?

Intereting tech. With my severe astygmastism I don't think this is in my future, but curious what people think of it. I still think we are not far from everyone having a halo like smart display on our glasses.

My goodness this is a genius idea...especially for those who forget they are wearing sunglasses indoors.

Those are pretty cool but I need prescription lenses to see the ball anymore 😐

The idea is cool, not sure I like the form of the sunglasses available.

Looks cool,
@JB Were golf swings taken and how do the glasses stay while swinging?

Intereting tech. With my severe astygmastism I don't think this is in my future, but curious what people think of it. I still think we are not far from everyone having a halo like smart display on our glasses.
That would be pretty cool honestly.

Looks cool,
@JB Were golf swings taken and how do the glasses stay while swinging?
Only two swings in the tech studio and they stayed on rather well.

genius. I recently tried a cheap set with the lenses that get light and dark due to conditions, but they took too long to change to really do what I wanted and returned them. So I am back to taking them on and off throughout the round

I want a set that is very light shade on greens and adjust as the cloud cover comes and goes.

Interesting, but not for me. I generally don't wear sunglasses when I'm playing so I probably don't/won't appreciate the tech in these much. I will say I had no clue electrochromatic lenses were a thing and it was just the standard photochromatic lenses that a lot of people with glasses have. That part is pretty cool.

I love the idea of these Dusk with Audio sunglasses, and because I do wear sunglasses while playing (when necessary) I know I'd like them. However, for some reason that style of frame is one that slips on me. I know @JB said he took a couple swings with them on and they didn't move but I doubt I'd spend the money on the chance that they'd stay put.

So these are pretty cool. I downloaded the app and then tried them out playing music, adjusting the shade from light to dark, and even called @JB and they worked flawlessly. The audio was crystal clear, and JB said he heard me just fine.

View attachment 9240910 View attachment 9240911
I am surprised at how well the audio works on my smart glasses. I have the Ray Ban version but here is a little sample...

well I guess I'm too stupid to know how to link my own instagram video or the school firewall is blocking it...I'll figure it out

A little unboxing.

I'm a fan of bone conducting headphones, so I could see myself using these. The style is really basic. But I'm not going to say no.

Interesting idea, but not something I see myself buying or using. I need RX lenses, and also see that these are polarized. I learned my lesson last year with those.

I could see these having potential for me as a guy who generally doesn't wear sunglasses unless it's quite bright out. I see tons of people who wear sunglasses in conditions I wouldn't even consider (when the light is just starting to break over the horizon, or in dense fog)

There are lots of times where I feel like my regular pair is too dark for the shoulders of the day, but just right for the main part. So I have a second pair in the truck I switch to for the evening/overcast conditions. These could simplify that, although it would require adjustment via the app. Consider my curiosity spiked

Back