Dylan Frittelli Using a $4K Prototype Callaway Wedge

It’s cool to have cool things. But that wedge is ugly. Lol. Wonder why he wanted that?

It’s cool to have cool things. But that wedge is ugly. Lol. Wonder why he wanted that?

Because he can and nobody else has one? Or, a publicity stunt...

More wonder why not one of their dedicated wedges. Why a set matching sand wedge? I am guessing he likes the look but curious if there is anything else.

More wonder why not one of their dedicated wedges. Why a set matching sand wedge? I am guessing he likes the look but curious if there is anything else.

Not sure?! I guess it could be comfort or data driven?

They talk about it in the linked article - spin numbers and better control.

This is awesome! The TCB are always one club I wanted to own. Best looking clubs out there imo.

@templeton80, I was being funny with this comment. Hopefully it didn't come across the wrong way yesterday....

This is such a huge head scratcher for me..... like......why? Seems like the design provides little to no advantage over a typical design.

This is such a huge head scratcher for me..... like......why? Seems like the design provides little to no advantage over a typical design.

Same. But hey, if you can why not I guess. Must just like set continuity as far as possible.

Cool that callaway made it for him. He is not someone that is a big winner. They could have easily said “nah dude, win something first”. Lol

Same. But hey, if you can why not I guess. Must just like set continuity as far as possible.

Cool that callaway made it for him. He is not someone that is a big winner. They could have easily said “nah dude, win something first”. Lol

Haha, or they said okay dude that'll be $4k please at the check out window of the tour van. Please pull around!

It is an interesting boutique idea that Callaway can play with to see if there is any significance to using one, but I'm sure •R• was cringing lol.

Haha, or they said okay dude that'll be $4k please at the check out window of the tour van. Please pull around!

It is an interesting boutique idea that Callaway can play with to see if there is any significance to using one, but I'm sure •R• was cringing lol.

I remember set matching sand wedges used to be much more of a thing. Back in the 90s haha.. but I think over all they didn’t sell well because it made you look like noob.

I remember set matching sand wedges used to be much more of a thing. Back in the 90s haha.. but I think over all they didn’t sell well because it made you look like noob.

I actually have a set matched Taylormade SpeedBlade SW, but it doesn't look anything like the AW! They even had a LW too.

I actually have a set matched Taylormade SpeedBlade SW, but it doesn't look anything like the AW! They even had a LW too.
My wife has a set of the Speedblades with the matching SW and LW. She really likes it.

My wife has a set of the Speedblades with the matching SW and LW. She really likes it.

Believe it or not, I really liked the SW. I looked for the LW, but they wanted way too much money for them on Ebay. The SW was actually a really good wedge. That's too cool that she has that set as well and really likes them. It's been a GREAT set of irons for me over the years. It's going to be hard to part with them, but I bought them prior to ever being fit for clubs.

Tyrell Hatton imagining snapping it over his knee

R&D guys thinking about the time wasted. lol

Have to wonder if they keep a couple extra shafts/heads than usual for the guys who are prone to breaking clubs lol

That's mind blowing to me that a company will go to those lengths for one of their players! That's such a cool story.

A one-of-a-kind TCB gap wedge to match his set, that, according to RFC, is about a $4,000 wedge because it's handmade. :oops:

I would absolutely LOVE to have the ability to have a bag full of one-of-a-kind clubs made especially for me.
Except for the putter, the specs and style are in my head already,

I've often commented on how the multi-piece construction of modern clubs makes it hard to customize clubheads today.
If they actually make the tooling for you, however, one could get exactly what one wanted.
A wedge is probably the easiest thing to make by hand because it doesn't have a lot of parts.
But a full bag? That would be awesome.

I got a message from a friend about this today -

'Fritelli with the TCBs through the MF'ing sand?? wedge? 😟 '

haha

Update from Frittelli

Back