Epic Flash Driver Help

Flipit

Aka- ApexFan
Reaction score
Handicap
So if you don’t know I’ve been playing for 5 months. I bought a used Rogue off CPO when I started. Since Xmas is around the corner I’m thinking of a driver fitting and Epic Flash is on my radar.
Can I expect gains or are they similar? I’ve read lots about how happy THPers are with the Flash and SZ.

So if you don’t know I’ve been playing for 5 months. I bought a used Rogue off CPO when I started. Since Xmas is around the corner I’m thinking of a driver fitting and Epic Flash is on my radar.
Can I expect gains or are they similar? I’ve read lots about how happy THPers are with the Flash and SZ.

I think both are really good drivers.
The Flash was a bit lower launch and lower spin for me, but both are really good.
I play the Flash and came from the Rogue.

I think both are really good drivers.
The Flash was a bit lower launch and lower spin for me, but both are really good.
I play the Flash and came from the Rogue.
What benefits did you see?

Ymmv, but in my hands both were very close to equally long on good to decent strikes. I feel I get a whole lot more out of mediocre strikes with the Epic Flash though. On average I’m probably a couple yards longer because of that.

What benefits did you see?

I didnt get more distance when hit on the button. I got more speed when I missed though. Especially high on the face. I really liked the Rogue. Some people didn’t, but I really did. I really like the Flash too.

I came from Rogue and am in a Flash SZ.

Feel / Sound - Rogue is much more of a thwacky muted sound and sounds the same way virtually regardless where you hit the ball on the clubface. Flash is going to give audible feedback when you miss the center. That is off-putting for some, others like the feedback.

Distance - I am longer with both misses and center strikes with the Flash. Maybe that’s Flash Face tech, maybe it is that I was professionally fit into the Flash, maybe it is both.

I honestly don’t remember disbursion stuff with Rogue so I can’t speak to that one.

I'm going to go full internet golfer, here, and ask: If you're going to get fitted, why have you pigeon-holed yourself into only the Callaway offerings? (And I ask that as self-proclaimed full blown Callaway fan boy).

I'm going to go full internet golfer, here, and ask: If you're going to get fitted, why have you pigeon-holed yourself into only the Callaway offerings? (And I ask that as self-proclaimed full blown Callaway fan boy).
It’s definitely what I want to be the best fit but I’m doing a fitting to find out what’s the best fit. I am also interested in seeing how different shaft choices effect the fit and performance.

It’s definitely what I want to be the best fit but I’m doing a fitting to find out what’s the best fit. I am also interested in seeing how different shaft choices effect the fit and performance.
I went into a fitting with nothing but Callaway in my bag. It ended up that the Taylormade M6 was the right driver for me. Tried a bunch of other brands but M6 is what I got the best dispersion with at that time. I also came from Rogue and I did like that driver a lot. Got some of my longest drives from it. I am finding I am straighter with my current M6, although not as long. I'll take straighter over length. (y)

I do keep eyeing an Epic Flash though Just for the heck of it. That is one that I didn't get to hit when I was fit. I may go hit one at a store soon.

I think with center strikes you will see little difference. Where the flag will shine is when you miss the center. The ball speeds stay up.

Back